Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat file to proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Can some one please guide me wit hthe IR and ID steps for a flat file to proxy

I wanted to know the following :

A) Do I create my own MI (outbound) and provide it to the ABAPer to create and Inbound proxy (through Sproxy) or does he provide me the structure first , for me to import in the mapping and after that i provide the interface name ??

B) IR and ID steps for Flat File to proxy .. mapping is required since I need to pass a field in the header to ABAP along with the fields in Line Items

thanks

Dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> A) Do I create my own MI (outbound) and provide it to the ABAPer to create and Inbound proxy (through Sproxy) or does he provide me the structure first , for me to import in the mapping and after that i provide the interface name ??

You have to start the developement first, because it is File to Proxy.

> B) IR and ID steps for Flat File to proxy .. mapping is required since I need to pass a field in the header to ABAP along with the fields in Line Items

Search on SDN you can find all the steps easly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As u are working on file to proxy u need to generate server proxy..

The proxy depends on the Interface type .

if it is inbound than u can generate server proxy or if it is outbound than it is client proxy.

In ur case please create outbound Interface for file and Inbound interface for proxy.

than generate the proxy using tcode sproxy at ur target ECC system.

thanks

navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet and Sarvesh

I searched and found the following steps kindly confirm if they are right

I can use common message type for proxy and file and need to create 2 message interface for source and target (inbound for Proxy and Outbund for file)

Create message mapping and interface mapping.

In ID,

u need to create receiver file communication channel,

receiver determination

interface determination

receiver agreement

I hope it covers everything ???

Thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also Sender Agreement is required. Rest everythig seems fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think u are working on file to proxy scenario . in this case u need to configure sender file channel and receiver XI channel .

and u can use same message type for both the interface .

only thing need to take care is the u need to generate the proxy based on inbound Interface.

Thanks

Navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarvesh,

I have one more question kindly help me with this

following is the structure of my file , i wanted to know the XML structure for the same

=================================================================================

Header

" name of the company " ,1

" abc 2,10/01/1972",4

Line items

"ADFERT",KARNATAKA,CHIPS,G,45.560000,72.190000,100.983000,76.266000,J

"GHTJEN",KERALA,BANANAS,G,1.135000,0.714850,1,0.755000,J

Trailer

DDDDDDDDD,B

================================================================================

It is a CSV

Header 1st line , first field is Variable length then comma and 2nd field is 1 char

Header 2nd line , first field is Variable length and 2nd field is date and last field is 1 char all comma seperated

Line items

first field fixed length 6 char but

2nd field can be of any length

3rd field can be of any length

4th field 1 char

5th field can be of any length

6th field can be of any length

7th field can be of any length

8th field can be of any length

9th field 1 char

and then the Trailer

The Date in the header needs to be passed onto SAP ECC as a parameter so in my XML structure in the data type do i include that as a field in the mapping ..Can you one please guide me to create the Data type structure for the above file and the Proxy ?

I have thought of the below mentioned

DT_Sender

Header 0..1

date 0.1

Item 0..unbound

itemfield1

item field N .....

Trailer 0. ..1

But I am just confused about the date that is coming in the 2nd line of the header , how do i read that in the FIle content conversion

and pass it on to the Proxy ?? Do I create a field in the Proxy structure as Date and pass it ...

thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since your file is of variable structure then in this case this blog will help you..

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah my only concern is the Header

it occurs as the following example (i.e two header lines)

" XYZ Corporation" ,1

" abc 2,10/01/1972",4

and in the 2nd line comes the date as a 2nd field , which i have to pass on to the proxy

So i wanted to know How do i recognize that as the FCC parameter .. please help me with that

thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideally your header structure must be constant, so in this case since you are getting max 3 values then your header structure should be like this..

<Header> 
    </Field1> 
    </Field2> 
    </Field3> 
</Header> 
<item> 
   </Field1> 
</item>

So, your csv file should come like this..

" XYZ Corporation",, 1 (here if value is not coming in second field then additional comma should be present)

" abc 2,10/01/1972",4

Confirm this with your sending system, otherwise it will be difficult to handle it. And second thing is you need to have some key value in order to recognize the Header and item values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Sarvesh

My header basically consists of two lines of variable lengths so the values come like this :

"XYZ Corporation", 1 ( two comma seperated values in the first line , one in inverted commas and the second a number )

"abc 2 , 10/01/1972" ,4 (three comma seperated values in the 2nd line first two in the inverted commas and out if this i just need the date to be passed onto the proxy which is the second field and the last field is a number)

so I wanted to know , since i am using a common Message tYPE for both the MesSage INTERFACES what will the structure be like ?

Should it be like this ??

<Header1>

</Field1>

</Field2>

</Header2>

<Header2>

</Field1>

</Field2>

</Field3>

</Header2>

<item>

</Field1>

</item>

or can it be dealt with the single header tag ? and manipulated in FCC ?

thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The header in my file will be constant and will be of the following format :

example 1

" XYZ Corporation", 1

" abc 2 , 10/01/1972", 4

example 2

" XYZ Corporation", 1

" abc 2 , 23/01/1972", X

where only two fields that will differ are the date in the second line will keep changing, and that needs to be passed onto the proxy as one of the fields and the last character in the 2nd line

My header basically consists of two lines of variable lengths so the values come like this :

"XYZ Corporation", 1 ( two comma seperated values in the first line , one in inverted commas and the second a number )

"abc 2 , 10/01/1972" ,4 (three comma seperated values in the 2nd line first two in the inverted commas and out if this i just need the date to be passed onto the proxy which is the second field and the last field is a number)

so I wanted to know , since I am using a common Message tYPE for both the MesSage INTERFACES what will the structure be like ?

Should it be like this ??

<Header1>

</Field1>

</Field2>

</Header1>

<Header2>

</Field1>

</Field2>

</Field3>

</Header2>

or can it be dealt with the single header tag ? and manipulated in FCC ?

Please help

Thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say it should work but again do you have key field values to recognize which values belogs to Header & which to Item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , I have some values which would remain constant coming in header fields as well as in item

if thats what u mean by key fileds.

thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Yes , I have some values which would remain constant coming in header fields as well as in item

> if thats what u mean by key fileds.

Yes, I ment that only. But make sure the place/position of these constant must remain same.

So if these constant values are going to remain same then you can use then as key field and go ahead with your FCC.

Refer this blog for setting up key fields..

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

Regards,

Sarvesh