cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in connecting UDS 4.0 with KEPServerEX.V5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are trying to get live data from the PLC with the help of OPC server and connect it to MII 12.1 SP 4 with the help of the UDS 4.0 The OPC server that is installed is Kepware KEPServerEX.V5 and we installed UDS 4.0 also in the same machine.

Then I followed the following steps.

1. Open Admin console and create a instance by giving the Name as KEPwareInstance, in server type as xMII OPC-DA UDS and i specified the port as 8085

2. Once i created the instance in the right pane i clicked on the (..) button next to OPC server and i got the following error.

"The Problem Could be that OPCEnum Services on "Localhost" is not running or is not installed.

Try another machine or start the OPCEnum services in the specified machine"

But when i checked it in the administrator services i found OPCEnum is running.

Awaiting help from the experts to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

We had this exact issue last week. Although we were not able to fix the error, we did find a potential work around. We manually entered the string rather than allowing the OPCEnum service to give us a list. We have been able to establish a connection to the Kepware server, but are not getting any tags back. We've opened a note on this issue and hope to hear back soon.

You can try to enter the string manually by checking out the following thread:

This did not completely solve our problem, but took us a step closer. You may have more luck.

Hope this helps.

Mari Santangelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mari Santangelo,

Thanks and lot for your help. I basically want to know if it is any problem with the UDS installation or problem with KEPWare so that i can keep my clients informed.

Regards,

SHyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using MII 12.0, KEPwareV4.0 and UDS 4.0. No such issues.

Regards,

Chanti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you explain me the process step by step so that it will be helpful for me to track place of error.

Regards,

Shyam