Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log for even displaying the infotypes with sensitive data related to HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

need to know from where can i generate the logs, if a user is having pa20 rights and he displays the salary structure of another user. ie access infotype IT0008. Even he just display no updatations been done .

regards

Shilpa

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some logs for the object history which you can attempt to use and some obscure entries in table TADIR, but they are not intended to be reliable for this and will be overwritten, for example if you yourself display the record in the same way afterwards (just to see how it works...). PA20 is not the only way to display data.

I would rather concentrate on protecting the data appropriately, and watching the logs of those who try to "jump the wall". Those "jumps" make more noise than authorized users going their normal day-to-day jobs.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Yes Julius , its corrent PA20 is not only the option to display the data but my question here is even if a user displays data with PA20 , even though the log should be maintained which data has been viewed and by whom . so just need to know is there is any table where its been updated or any t code for accessing the logs of the same .

Regards

Shilpa

Edited by: Shilpa on Dec 9, 2009 9:26 AM

0 Kudos

I believe if it was absolutely essential you could get a CCMS alert programmed for PA20. I dont think there would be a log maintained for who displayed what infotype using PA20...

0 Kudos

There is an optional way whereby the user can access this information themselves, and you can try to use it for your purposes as well if you look into the

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

This is pretty awsome! I hadnt iota of an idea about this... worth adding to the FAQ section perhaps...

0 Kudos

It is already there in the auditing section, but you need to read them carefully (and the SAP Notes as well..

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx a tonn

asim_ahmed1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i also need this one. If any one found just let me know.