cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF03 Vs VA03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to know the difference between the VA03 and VF03.

So using VA01 we create a Sales order and using VF01, we create a Billing document.

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between these two and the timing of these two transactions.

What accounting entries are passed and What is the relation between Billing and a Sales Order?

Please explain me as i am confused about this terminology and the use..

Thanks ..

Srik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP it is a general practice that XX01 represent Create, XX02- Change, and XX03- Display.

So VF03 stands for Display Billing Document and

VA03 stands for Display Sale Order.

The flow of the document is Sales Order> Delivery> Billing incase of sale of Deliverable goods or Sales Order--> Billing in case of Services or Credit/Debit Memos.

For the timing of VA03 and VF03 it can be viewed any time after the creation of Sale Order and Billing respectively.

For the Accounting Entries it will be passed only after the Billing document is released to the Accounting.

Customer Account --Credit

Sales Revenue---Debit

There is no entries in case of Sales Order creation.

Relation between Order and Billing. Order is a document which creates the bond between the customer and the supplier, that the Supplier is supposed to provide the goods at given price, terms and condition and requested date to the customer.

Based on the Sale Order the supplier will create the Delivery document for the despatch of the goods. Then Billing Document is created against the Delivery document which is nothing but the Invoice against which the customer will make the payment.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

Karthik.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

VA03 is used to Display the sales order . When we create and save the order, we can take the OUTPUT using VA03

during VA03 there are NO Accounting entries get Generated.

While VF03 is the Transaction which is used to Display the Billing Document. You can check and see your accounting entries

with this transaction.

Customer account debit

Sales account credit.

VA03 (Sales Order ) > VL03N(Delivery) > VF03 (Billing), this is how normally the sequence of the activities

and 03 mode is to display mode of any activity in SAP

Cheer

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I want to know the difference between the VA03 and VF03.

> So using VA01 we create a Sales order and using VF01, we create a Billing document.

> Can anyone tell me what is the difference between these two and the timing of these two transactions.

> What accounting entries are passed and What is the relation between Billing and a Sales Order?

> Please explain me as i am confused about this terminology and the use..

Hi,

By using the T.Code "VA01",we are going to create the sales order either with reference to quotation or with our reference.If you do this you will receive a number which is the sales order number.

Similarly by using the T.Code "VF01",we will create an invoice.In this case also we will receive a number which is the billing document number.

"VA02" is the T.Code for changing the Sales order."VA03" is the T.Code for displaying the order.

Here in this T.Code we have to enter the sales order that is already created.Here you can view all the fields.

Similar thing is for billing document displaying is "VF03" T.Code.

If you want to know the pricing of the sales order then we will goto the T.Code "VA03" and check the price.

Similar thing is for billing document also.

accounting document will be generated as and when you save the invoice if all the things are correct such as G/L account etc are correct.

Billing document will be generated always with reference either with order or with delivery.

Pls go through the material on Sales and billing for more information.

Regards,

Krishna.

Note:Please search the forum before posting these questions.