cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM resetting JCO destination after installing new version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every time I reinstall a new version of netweaver developer, I have to edit each JCO destination in order to reset the password. Is there a way to reset password for more than one JCO destination ?

Thanks, regards, peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

How many JCO Destinations are you maintaining ? Usually one will do for one R/3 server.

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I connect to two r/3 servers, but I have about 20 JCO destinations. I have to reset the r/3password for every connections by editing the JCO connection as explained in the document “WEB DYNPRO :about configuration and Administration” by Timo Lakner , Jochen Guertler dated 2004-01-20 paragraph 3.6 “ Maintain JCO destinations defined by development component” sub paragraph 3.6.3 “Edit existing JCO connection”.

Thanks regards, peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

the passwords for the JCO destinations are persisted in the secure storage. If you install a new engine version, the passwords are gone, since the secure storage is gone too (it's simply reset to initial state after reinstall).

What's obviously missing here is a possibility to backup and restore or update the secstore without data loss.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Are you creating new destinations for every model you create . That is usually not required ,you can share destinations across models if they connect to the same R/3 system. This will reduce your maintenance too..

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pran:

Do you mean,I can create one model per r/3 system, each models having 10 BAPI calls. These models will be in a common DC and shared for by other DC?

Thanks. regards, peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

and the DCs can have their own models and as long as they are using the same R/3 server they can share the same destination

Regards

Pran

rakesh_kumar2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I agree with Pran here. Actually you can create one model for one function group and then can have the same JCO parameter for all the function modules within the group.

Regards,

rakesh

Answers (0)