cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block posting during Usage Decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would like to know if its possible to block posting in the usage decision screen and do manual posting through MM transaction?

This is a requirement that QM user has no authorization transferring the goods to unrestricted stock. Only Warehouse will be allowed to do stock transfer.

Thank You,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please speak to your BASIS person and allow Quality Person to do UD without postings and allow Warehouse Person to do postings through QA12 Transaction.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ud already created, there would be an error as per Sujit for stock posting.

and the warehouse can unknowingly modified the Usage decision from qa12.

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

If authorisation for Catalogs controlled by BASIS then Warehouse personnel cannot be able to change the UD Code given by Quality Person. Don't give authorisation to Catalog Type '3' to Warehouse Person.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought there was an impact in doing usage decision without doing goodsmovement at the same time..

Kindly please let me know.

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no such repercation except material will not be issued as it is in QI stock.(Till it is cleared by W/H)

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So let me clear things up. I can do Usage decision and accept the lot without having stock posting yet. This will have no impact, correct?

Then, i can do stock posting via qa12 correct?

or can i use qac2 instead?

Thank you,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So let me clear things up. I can do Usage decision and accept the lot without having stock posting yet. This will have no impact, correct?

Then, i can do stock posting via qa12 correct?

Yes this is Ok but make sure that in selected set of UD code in QS54-->stock posting proposal is blank of any UD code.

can i use qac2 instead?

Yes this can be very well used.

Regards

Sujit

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I beleive you could also do this via status control.

Set up user status that prevents stock posting until the UD is complete. Add statuses to block the UD and/or stock postings. Assign the two groups of users to different auth groups. assign to the correct user statues.

User status

INIT --- Use this to block the stock postings and UD

MKUD - Make UD - Assign that only QM folks can set this status

After UD is made, have it set

STPT - stock posting - block QM folks from this and allow WH folks.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have found a solution. We are using two different Storage Location for QM and Warehouse.

So we just post the stock to Unrestricted QM Storage Location and warehouse can transfer through MM transaction from QM to Warehouse.

There will be no impact, correct?

Thank you,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That is what i was suggested in the earliest thread

I will work fine

Sujit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible.How come Quality trnascations possible through WM or IM.it will through an Error that "transaction is possible through Quality only"

What you can do is remove the tick of "Post to inspection " in QM view of inspection type.

This will post material to Unrestricted & then You have only Inspection lot which you can refer for Quality perpose.

But belive me this is really loose control in any organization if Quality does not have authoriry of QI t codes ...

Then what is use of Quality????

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is customer requirement because warehouse and quality have some conflict. Warehouse doesnt want the quality doing goods movement as warehouse is afraid they cannot trace those stock which will be transferred by quality.

Quality also agreed on this one that it should be the store which would move those material.

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Then as I told you In QM view-->Inspection type Remove tick of "Post to Insp"

This will create a Lot but material will be in "Unrestricted"

Sujit