cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro JAVA application queries..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,,

I have following questions about WD JAVA application which i have developed in NetWeaver Developer studio(NWDS).

1) can I create executable JAR file of my WebDynpro JAVA application?? Or i need a desktop Icon which upon double click opens URL of my WD JAVA application in browser.??

2) can I make Executable file of this WD JAVA application like Visual basic to hide my application code??

3) How can i Deploy this application on some different J2EE server??

4) I have deployed my application on J2EE server of my Enterprise Portal and If i want to use this application on my real mobile handset(not on Simulator on my PC) then is it must that my portal J2EE server where my application is deployed should be on live IP address So that i can access it from my mobile anywhere.??

5) if answer to question no 4. is "YES" then if my J2EE server is not on real IP address then I can access my application on my mobile handset ONLY AND ONLY after bringing my mobile into my local wi-fi network???

So, this are some basic level queries..might be very basic level but i am new to this thing that is why i asked ..Also i didnt get satisfying answers in SEARCH...

thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) No. WD Java is a J2EE application which means that in needs a J2EE engine to run.

2) You don't need to create an executable to hide the code - the code is kept in classes files which can't be read by simple means.

3) You can take the created EAR file and deploy it on any J2EE engine (If it isn't SAP WAS then you will also need the run-time jars).

4) The J2EE engine must have a real IP. You can access your application from (almost) any browser, but the application must be configured via parameters to work on mobile devices.

5) You need to configure the J2EE engine/network to allow access from "outside" - which means to expose the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aviad Levy for your reply.

Ok I got that i cant create JAR file, but I don't want user to key-in the whole URL of my WD JAVA application in his mobile handset browser everytime...Yes user can store this URL in bookmark and use that bookmark everytime he/she wants to access this Application.. but i feel this (mobile)Desktop Icon(or application) which upon clicking(or double-clicking) open this WD JAVA application URL in browser would be more user friendly.. SO is there any why to achieve this or someone has done this before??

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you said, you can create a batch file which should look like this

iexplore.exe "http://<hostname>/<application path>"

Of course this only represents internet explorer but any other browser (which must be supported by SAP) can be used in that bat file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Levi for your reply...

Now one more thing i want to know is as my WD java application is WD project in NWDS so i cant give fancy JSP or HTML look to my views.. is this true?? If YES then i feel i need to create a J2EE web module project under J2EE perspective. So that i can give my views a fancy look using html and JSP .

Now in my WD application i can call BAPI directly using JCO when i create my Model . Also classes for all these BAPIs gets created automatically in that model. but if i m creating a J2EE application then is there any way to call or Add BAPI like WD application?? if not then how can i call my BAPIS in my J2EE application??

Answers (0)