cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of accumulated depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are having ECC 6.0 version EHP4.0 (Development client).

ECC 6.0 version 1.0 (Sandbox client)

In Asset Accounting, we are having two depreciation areas. One is Book depreciation and second one is IFRS depreciation. Book depreciation is having a leading ledger and IFRS is having non-leading ledger. We have assigned document type AF for both areas. Number ranges assigned for both ledgers are different.

In account assignment, we are assigning Accumulated depreciation account for both depreciation areas. System is not allowing us to assign accumulated depreciation to IFRS depreciation area.

We are able to assign accumulated depreciation GL for both areas in Sandbox client but getting an above message in Development client.

We checked the configuration for both clients. There is no difference.

Error Message:-

Account HDSL (Company code) - 2011200643 not allowed to be defined as reconciliation account

Message no. AC309

Diagnosis

Account 2011200643 is defined as a reconciliation account for fixed assets for chart of accounts HDSL and account determination 11000. This is not correct in the circumstances (Accumulated depreciation account for ordinary depr).

Keep in mind that the Customizing definition of the given depreciation area also influences the consistency check of the G/L accounts. This is particularly true for the posting settings in the depreciation area, if the accounts are value adjustment (depreciation) accounts.

Procedure

Change the account definition, or assign a different account.

Kindly help me out in solving an issue

Thanks and regards,

Vinayak Vaidya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinayak

This is really simple. Only dep area 01 is posted on real time and in that case APC and AD GL account are created as reconcilition accounts. For APC and AD GL related to another Dep area are not created as reconcilition type assets as they do not post to GL on real time basis.

GO to FSOO for GL 2011200643 and remove reconcilition type 'asset' and save the GL. This would solve your problem.

Grant me points if your problem is solved.

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've the same problem of Vinayak!!

It's 10 years that I manage asset accounting and now is I'm stuck on this mess....

If I put an Accumul. depreciation account that is a reconciliation message AC309 appears, if I put an account that is not a reconciliation account message AC308 appears.

Please help us!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinayak,

You just remove target ledger group in depreciation area config for IFRS. Nothing to do els, this is to simple.

Regards,

Pramod

Edited by: PK_BHAGATSINGH on Mar 11, 2010 8:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out OSS 1385517!

Regards, Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1-you have to began to assign accumulated depreciation to IFRS depreciation area (number 2). for that your have to go:

2-GO to FSOO for GL 2011200643 and remove reconcilition type 'asset' and save the GL

3-Now you are able to assign accumulated depreciation GL for IFRS areas (T.CODE AO90)

4-save

5-GO to FSOO for GL 2011200643 and define reconcilition type 'asset' and save the GL

6-Now you are able to assign accumulated depreciation GL for Book areas (T.CODE AO90)

7-save you configuration

Best regards

Wilsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

in french,

il faut d'abord commencer par paramétrer le tableau d'évaluation 2 (comptable). Le compte d'amortissement attendu par ce tableau est un compte général et non un compte collectif. pour cela aller dans :

fs00 et laisser vie la zone "Cpte collectif pr type cpte".

ensuite revenir au paramétrage (affectation des comptes généraux T090) et saisissez les comptes d'amortissement ainsi modifié.

sauvegarder ce custo.

ensuite, il faut enchainer à paramétrer le compte d'amortissement pour le tableau en norme IFRS. Pour cela il aller remodifier le compte d'amortissement (fs00) et le rendre collectif.

enfin revenir sur le paramétrage et renseigner le compte d'amortissement ainsi modifié.

sauvegarder le point de paramétrage.

résumé: le tableau 2 attend un compte d'amortissement qui n'est pas un compte collectif alors le que le tableau 1 attend un compte d'amortissement qui est un compte collectif.

on commence par le tableau 2 et ensuite le tableau 1

wilsan

Answers (0)