Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE37 tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In se37 tcode, under attributes tab I can see 2 details such as program name, include name. Can you please tell,

1. Are they created automatically once we create our FM.

2. What is the use of them

KR,

Bharath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, program name and include will be created automatically.

Regards,

Swarna Munukoti

6 REPLIES 6

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, program name and include will be created automatically.

Regards,

Swarna Munukoti

0 Kudos

Dear Swarna,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Can you please tell me how come they are useful for developers. When will we be making use of them. As I am new to ABAP kindly help me in this regard.

KR,

Bharath

0 Kudos

Please SEARCH in SCN or read the SAP documentation. You have more than enough information available there.

0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Use of includes from SAP Help:

>>Include Programs

>>Include programs are used to split ABAP source texts into individual Repository objects. An ABAP program can be created in the program attributes using the program type include program. Include programs do not need to contain introductory statements for programs and cannot be generated independently from the ABAP compiler. When using the statement INCLUDE, however, include programs can be integrated in programs that can be generated.

>>An include program must contain complete statements. It can include other include programs but not it cannot include itself. An include program does not need to contain complete processing blocks.

If you double click on the program name in attributes -> It will display function pool with few includes -> if you double click the second includename(with comments function modules) -> it will show a set of includes. These include names are nothing but the automatically generated include name while creating the function modules.

It is always advisable to go through sap help for better understanding.

Regards,

Swarna Munukoti.

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are generated automatically by function library.

the program name is name of function pool generated.

the include is generated(system defined) for each function module created.

goto se80

give the function group - click the include drop down , and you can see a include ending with XX and TOP, double click on it, You will come to know.

For more details refer sap help for function pool,function group etc.

I hope im correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Once you create your FM inside some function group a Function Pool is created automatically by SAP.This is your program name.

The include name which you see in the attributes tab is the include which contains the code for your FM.This include can be seen inside the main program.

All these help in creating a Function group with multiple FM's inside it.All the FMs will have their own includes inside the main program.Also you can add includes in the main program(say for data delcalration across all FMs)

Hope this helps

For the reply to your above question.As i said developers can add Includes inside the main program which will be accessible to all the FMs inside that particular Function group.

Regards

Avinash

Edited by: Avinash Jagtap on Dec 8, 2009 6:57 AM