cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Type (Dialog , Communication etc) can impact on SAP User Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

The User Type (Dialog, Communication, System etc) can impact on SAP User Licensing.

Suppose if I craete a user type other than DIALOG such as SYSTEM or COMMUNICATION etc; will this be counted as License User. Or only DIALOG users are paid license users.

Kindly advice.

Regards

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AsimJamil

User license audit is applycable to only Dialog users.

to get more knowledge, open the following link.

[Classifying Users with the User List|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ee/ee133bfae0750ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm]

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uday and Nagendra...

Dear Nagendra,

with reference to below sentense from your referred link

" Consolidating Contractual User Types

Use

With this procedure, you consolidate the contractual user types of the individual users. The LAW takes account of the fact that certain contractual user types are already contained in others. In this way, license costs are only incurred for the inclusive user types of the user."

When I go User Classification Display screen, under Contractual User Type column all my 150 users are marked "Operational" but for those which I defined as System / Communication User are defined any contractual user type.

What does it mean??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

AJ

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I simply don't understand why this type of questions land here.... contact your SAP Account Manager, he/her will clear your doubts.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only DIALOG users counted as license users.

Uday