cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS - Build EJB Archive not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

Recently I updated my NWDS from version 2.0.15 to version 2.0.16.

My workspace mainly consists of 2 EJB Module projects, 1 Web Module Project and 1 Enterprise Application project.

The EAR project bundles the modules to an enterprise application.

Before updating the NWDS, everything regarding build & deployment worked fine. But now I'm facing the problem that I cannot build the EJB Archives anymore. The menu entry for building the JAR is inactive. Also, when I try to build the whole EAR application, the EJB module archives are missing in the EAR.

I've already tried to create new module projects and copy all sources to the new project. Once the archive build worked, but after restarting NWDS, the problem came up again.

Does anybody has an idea about this issue? Maybe this is a known bug of version 2.0.16?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias!

I dont know the exact problem!

but i hope this link maybe helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta Saru!

Thanks for your reply! The referenced thread is similar, but unfortunately the solution there doesn't solve my problem.

By the way, I should tell you, that in addition to version upgrade of NWDS, I changed also my OS from Windows 2k to XP. Maybe this (or XP security settings) could handle with this problem.

Does anybody have an idea?

Cheers,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there again!

In cooperation with SAP Support, we've fixed that issue!!!

The workspace was originally located on a network drive, which seems to be the problem's cause.

It seems, that the problem came up when the network drive was re-mapped from a Linux Samba connection to a Windows Server 2003 share.

Maybe, we ran into inconsistencies due to connection problems to the network.

After rebuilding all projects on local hard disk and carefully moving of all sources without any reference to the network drive, the projects are working correctly again.

So, be careful with workspaces on network drives.

Cheers,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am using NWDS SP17.. and workspace is located in my laptop, not network drive..

any update? i am still having same issue

thanks

venjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I'm still having this problem. It seems to handle with a problem of org.eclipse.jface-plugin.

Because, in these corrupted projects, I cannot access ejb-j2ee-engine.xml file correctly.

Each time I'm clicking on a bean listed in this file, I get an error message "An error has occured. See error log for more details."

Ok, the details in the logs are pretty poor:

!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sap.ide.eclipse.j2ee.model.ui.sapejbjar.internal.description.UISapEjbJarDescriptionEnterpriseBean.refreshSpecificUIFromData(UISapEjbJarDescriptionEnterpriseBean.java:486)

So finally, the menu entry "Build EJB Archive" is still inactive and I'm getting slightly mad with this tool.

If anybody of you has expierience with similar behavior of NWDS, PLEASE HELP!

Kind regards,

Matthias