Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP/J2EE upgrade from 7.0 to EHP1...failed at START_J2EE_EP

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm currently running a dual stack upgrade from 7.0 to EHP1 SR1 on a 32bit windows system. I'm using SAPup and Jup and I'm currently stuck on the Java step START_J2EE_EP the main clue I get from the logs is "Can't open shared memory administration (rc = 3)"......there's also another similar message with a different return code - " Can't open shared memory administration (rc = -107)"....

I can't seem to find anything that has resolved the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

JB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have two ideas.

1. Stop the system and try to delete all shared memory segments. On Unix you can do that with cleanipc <systemnumber> remove. Sorry, i don't know how this works on Windows. Worst Case: You can restart the server too 🐵

2. Maybe the shared memory segments are too small defined. Check the profiles with sappfpar pf=<profilename> check (UNIX) and increase them if necessary.

regards,

Martin

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info.

I basically changed the phase list xml file so that I could skip over this step as well as others that depended on waiting for the events from the parallel ABAP upgrade.

So I was able to finish the uprade successfully. But I tried to update the java stack with the latest support pack stack and it failed part way through. Now my server0 won't start......I'll be posting the problem shortly in a new thread.

Thanks again!

JB

Answers (0)