cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution functionality in Sales order ATP check - ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have used GATP and implemented Material susbtitutions.

Now i am looking to achieve the following in ECC:

1) During ATP check, ECC should first look for availability on the material in the sales order item

2) If enough supply is not found(ATP Check fails), then system should substitute this material with another material; this substitution should happen only if the ATP check on the customer ordered material fails;

Is ECC capable of doing this? I already tried Material determiantion and all reason codes; But material determination is directly replacing the customer ordered material with the substituted material even though there is enough stock on the sales order material.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can achieve this task by using Material Determination with some enhancements.

The logic goes as below.

You need to develop one program which updates material determination (go to VB12 & update substitute material based on ATP) based on the ATP stock.

For.e.g. for X - you have Y & Z as the substitute options.

x - has 0 stock

Y - 10 atp

Z -0

Once you run the above program, against X, it will determine Y as the substitue.

So whenever you create a sale order by entering X, it will be replaced by Y which has stock.

since your ATP will be keep changing, you need to set this program for background job (in the night or two times a day).

This way everyday if you go to VB13, the substitue will be Y or Z based on the ATP.

thank you

Anirudh