cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability based on order quantity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sapians,

Need help with an availability requirment.

I have a situation where my client would like to deliver an item within a specific time frame when ordered a specifie quantity.

For example if you order 5pcs you get in 5 days (no avail check), but if you order 10 pc then you get it in normal lead time (which could be 20 days as per the normal availability check process).

I guess we need to use a userexit to deactivate availability check process when it meets the order quantity, if does not meet the requirement then it should go to the normal avail chec process.

Is there a easy way to accommodate this kind of a requirement within SAP.

Please advise on any setting or development which may require to meet the above reqmnt.

Appreciate your help and guidance.

Mike.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have safety stock field active allready in our availability check process, also the same material can be sold with quantity restriction in one sales order type and in the other with no quantity restriction.

we do need this functionality with multiple plants, so create different storage location in each and every plant seed to be a tedious and ineffiecint process.

Thanks for your ideas but I think we need more elegant solution.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then it looks you need to use one of the user exits

EXIT_SAPLATPC_001 - Processing Requirements Table Before Calling Actual Check

EXIT_SAPLATPC_002 - Processing Results of Actual Check

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have safety stock field active allready in our availability check process, also the same material can be sold with quantity restriction in one sales order type and in the other with no quantity restriction.

we do need this functionality with multiple plants, so create different storage location in each and every plant seed to be a tedious and ineffiecint process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain stocks in a different storage location for orders with limited quantities (less than five as you said). By customisation using user exit, during order creation default the required storage location based on the order quantity. This will confirm the quantity, as required, for small order quantities.

Thanks,

Ravi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you think about using safety stock field in the material master MRP view? For example, you can maintain the safety stock value as 5.

Then in transaction code OVZ9, for your availability check group and rule, check the box include safety stock. By this way, if quantity 5 is available in the stock, the system confirms the quantity. If the stock go below 5, and order is made for more than 5, then delivery date will be proposed based on other parameters like procurement lead time, good receipt time or prodution time etc.

Regards