cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Availability (HA) questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

First of all not sure is it a right forum to post this thread. But if anybody has any idea which forum, then I will do that again.

But here is my scenarios and questions. Currently I am doing High Availability (HA) implementation using PowerHA & MSCS for SAp and NON-SAP environment. Using Oracle 10g possible datguard (still test is going how feasible is this), AIX 6.1 and Windows server. As per SAP docs, there are 3 categories for HA Testing.

1. Before Failover u2013 Before Failing over to Passive Node

2. After Failover u2013 After Failing over to Passive Node

3. After Failback u2013 After Failing back to Active Node

So I prepared my test plan for the said above categories for the system ECC, SRM, SCM, SCM-TM, SCM-Optimizer, BI, PI, EP MDM etc..

Question(s) is/are:

1. When switchover(or failover) from active to passive or when switchback(or failback) from passive to active, what transaction or command need to run to check all process or system is good. I mean initially I thought SGEN to run to do that. I am not sure SGEN is right one or not. If anybody has any idea, would be great. Although I am checking system consistency, ERS for any lock, message server, gateway etc. Other than that I mean while switchover suppose something running internally and do not know and did switchover. Then how will make sure nothing happened.

2. What are the high availability functionality test for F5 Big-IP loadbalancer?

3. What are the high availability functionality test plan for End-to-End process?

4. What are the high availability test plan for VMWARE and WINDOWS environment?

There are lots of questions, but the said above are initial to start and move on with HA.

Thanks for effort and time.

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Answers to some questions.

1. You can use JCMON tool to check the Java services are up after the switchover to any node ( either passive or active)

For ABAP, you can just try to login and check if the services are up.

2. F5 - BIG IP Load Balancer is used to balance the load if you have multiple application servers i.e additional dialog instances. You need to refer F5 load balancer documents for the same.

3. End to End process test plan might change from client to client. So this should be drafted in conjunction with client and developers.

4. VMWARE and WINDOWS - Not worked extensively on these platforms. So no comments on this

Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers...,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody help me to prepare the test cases or scenario or MSCS cluster , VMWare and F5 Load balancer.

Also looking for Network & Storage end to end test scenario.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

Krish

Answers (0)