Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Services Registry not configured" popup when trying to search SR

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Fellow VC 7.1 users,

When I try to use the search function on the services registry in VC for CE 7.1 EHP1 SP3, I get the "Services Registry Wizard" popup telling me that "Services Registry not configured." The original configuration was not done by me, so I cannot say whether or not it was done with the configuration wizards, but I can tell you what I have done to try to resolve the problem.

I have: configured the UDDI server; configured the Central Services Registry (ServicesRegistrySi), and ensured that the user the ServicesRegistrySiPort authenticates with has the roles SERVICES_REGISTRY_READ_WRITE and UDDI_TierN. I do not have an SLD configured in my CE 7.1 EhP1 environment, so I tried to follow the steps I found in an SDN how-to PDF doc that explained how to generate an SLD ID from the WSNavigator, but I was unable to do so because as soon as I clicked the "Service Registry" checkbox in WSNavigator, it threw an error message saying, "Cannot connect to Services Registry; check ServicesRegistrySi proxy definition settings."

What am I missing here? Any suggestions (or even hints) would be welcome.

Thanks,

Terry Barker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Terry,

If the same problem occured after you configured the SAP's public SR it looks like there's a configuration problem at your system. Let's continue this session in different channel. Please look at my business card and contact me directly.

Regards,

Hezi.

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Hezi, for your personalized attention. One month, a couple of WebEx sessions with Hezi, and one glacially slow customer message later, the problem is finally resolved!

Here's a recap of the resolution:

1. Through the WebEx sessions with Hezi, we determined that the problem was in the UDDI server setup, not in Visual Composer.

2. I Opened a customer message and got hooked up with my new best buddy, Hristo (in SAP Bulgaria?). Hristo logged into our CE 7.1 system using WTS (Windows Terminal Services) Over the course of a couple of weeks and several WTS sessions, Hristo found that the standard, recommended ServicesRegistrySIPort End Point URL did not work in our system (for an unexplained reason). Hristo gave me the following incomprehensible URL to use instead:

http://rnosappis1.igtsap.ad.igt.com:50000/sapws/sap.com/tc%7Eesi%7Euddi%7Esr%7Ews%7Eear_tc%7Eesi%7Eu... (You can find documents on SDN explaining the configuration of which I speak.)

3. That got us past the "services registry not configured" error in VC, but a service registry search in VC found no services. In addition, we were now not able to publish any new web services in the registry.

4. The next problem Hristo found was in the UDDI_DESTINATION and CLASSIFICATION_DESTINATION URLs. Ours were set up to look at SAP's public registry. I set them up according to the how-to documents I found on SDN. That got us past the "can't contact server" message to a new "web proxy authentication" error when trying to publish a service.

5. The first problem with the publishing was the need to use fully qualified domain names in the WSDL URL. At first I used just "hemxintf-p" but I really needed to use "hemxintf-p.he.ad.igt.com".

6. The second problem here turned out to be a mistake on my part when setting up the exclude list on the HTTP Proxy setup in NWA. The exclude list tells the system NOT to use the HTTP proxy when contacting certain (presumably internal) domains. I had used commas to separate the domains in the exclude list; as it turns out, you must use the vertical bar character as the separator.

After all this, along with frustration bordering on desparation, I can now publish web services in the SR, browse and test them in WSNavigator, and search for and use them in Visual Composer. I hope that my detailed description of the resolution in my case might save others from suffering similar frustration. Thank you, Hezi. Thank you, Hristo. Thank you, God! I can now get on with my life!

Cheers,

Terry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Terry,

Well, if the problem is still existing I suggest to check whether the problem is with the publishing to your Services Registry.

Before that, please try to configure your system to work with SAP SR instead of your local SR:

http://sr.esworkplace.sap.com/ with your credential.

If you'll be able to consume services with VC through it, we can definitely assume that there's some problem with your local Services Registry (maybe the publishing is not done correctly).

But first, pleach check the first step and let me know the result.

Regards,

Hezi.

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hezi,

We tried configuring our services registry to use SAP's public SR, as you suggested, and we got the very same wizard popup saying that the services registry is not configured when trying to search the services registry from within VC.

Can you think of any other avenues we can explore?

Thanks,

Terry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Terry,

The Services Registry configuration has changes from EhP1 SP2.

For lower verisons than EhP1 SP2 please use the following link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/e058a805-68b2-2b10-6a8b-fc570f1c37d1&override...

Start from EhP1 SP2 onwards, please configure the Services Registry as followed:

1. Open NWA>'SOA Managment'>'Application and Scenario Communication'

2. Press on 'Single Service Administration' link

3. Press on 'Customer Proxies' tab

4. In the 'find' text box select for 'sr' and press on 'Go' button

5. Select the 'ServicesRegistrySi' (This is the proxy to the Services Registry backend)

6. Press on 'Configuration' tab

7. Select the 'ServicesRegistrySiPort' (If it's the only result it will be marked by default)

8. Press on the 'Edit' button and insert the SR URL

(for example: http://sr.esworkplace.sap.com:80/ServicesRegistrySiService/ServicesRegistrySiPort)

9. Press on the 'Security' tab and insert the requried authentication if needed

In this example it will be:

username: sruser

password: eswork123

10. Save this configuration

11. Defined proxy (if needed): NWA>'SOA Managment'>'Technical Configuration'

12. Press on 'SOA Middleware Global settings and type the proxy's settings

12. Save settins

14. Now you can work with Service Registry in VC (server)

15. NOTE: For run time, you should configured each of the physical systems as a destination in NWA. You should configure it as a 'services registry type'.

All the needed information for the configuration can be taken from the 'system details' tab in the Services Registry itself.

I hope it will be ok now.

Thanks and Regards,

Hezi Daniel.

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hezi,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't help. I have already performed steps 1-10. (Steps 11-13 are not required since i am only using a local registry.) So there is clearly something else that I am missing, and that "something else" is what I am hoping the SDN gurus can help me identify!

Thanks,

Terry