cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named Searches in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There, i am having massive issues with the reliability of the named search within MDM. Here's an example of what is happening..

1) create a named search called Web Default

2) create a user called WEB_ALL which has the constraint of the Web Default named search

3) In data manager, create the named search and apply some criteria to that search - this returns 15184 results

4) open data manager again, login as the user WEB_ALL and check the results - only 14091 records in the data manager

5) in the same data manager session, restore the named search Web Default, results now shows 15184 of 14091 results????

6) click on the clear search button and the results now show 15184 of 15184 results

7) close the data manager and start again, this takes you back to step 4 with 14091 results.

What is going on here? We have a web index that is trying to be built from the named users (there are 4) but continually crashes due to this behaviour... i need to know how to stop this happening, is MDS caching these result sets somewhere?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

I think a similar issue to the one you are facing was solved with MDM 7.1 SP03 Patch15.

Please see SAP Note 1415628 which mentions:

Fixed: When restoring named searches, MDM Server (MDS) always set the "All Versions" property for Checked-out records to active.

Hope this information helps,

Idan

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Can you please re-check if the search parameters set are same ,before and after the user WEB_ALL opens the named search in data manager ?

You can check this in Search Selections tab.

Regards,

Vinay M.S

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

This is first time i heard issue with named searches. I would suggest to open an OSS note and check with SAP.

Regards,

SHiv