cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to Customer and Re-bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

SD Experts,

We currently went live with SD, will bill customers based on delivery/goods issue. we are having a issue where we have to cancel an invoice and rebill. Canceling an invoice thru VF11 is not a problem, but what will be the best way to cancel the goods issue, delivery, and sales order and re-create a sales order I would like to do something where I have the whole audit trial. Currently we are canceling goods issue, we delete delivery and create a new delivery, this leaves a gap in audit trial and we are having severe reconciliation problems with SD.

Do you have any suggestions and/or guide me to the correct process? Do I have to cancel all the way to the sales order and re-create an order referencing the that order?

Regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

If the reason for re-billing is price difference, just cancel the billing document and re-bill with new price determination.

If the reason for re-billing is (small) quantity difference, consider using Proof of Delivery functionality in SAP (transaction VLPOD). Good stuff!!

As my colleagues have already stated, canceling the goods issue and changing the quantity is a good option, but there are some limitations if you use WM, because the physical movement has already taken place.

BTW why do you care about delivery numbers regarding audit. Explain your auditor that the delivery number in SAP might have gaps because the document can be deleted for operational reasons.

IMHO he should instead check that good issues (601&602) movements and billed quantities match & that nobody is messing up with inventory.

Best Regards,

Franck

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

I understand you require the Audit Trail SAP has all the records for deleted deliveries. But you will have to create a report for the same.

Another option which is a more traditional approach is that rather than cancelling the invoice and delivery you create a return order, return delivery and credit memo. The order can have a specific reason which would say it was cancelled for this reason. Then create a new order with reference to the old one and deliver the same. This seems to be longer process. But if it helps you get the results you want you can use it.

Regards

Yatin Thakkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yatin,

Your suggestion seems to be more viable in order to have all the paper trail we need, how can I get more information as to the usability of these options, I am trying to come up with a business process for our accounting Dept.

Thank You for your ideas...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

the proces I have suggested is your simple standard SAP process of return orders.

You need to user order type for Returns, Returns delivery, PGR and credit memo.

Regards

Yatin Thakkar

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know why all the way you want to cancel/delete the documents upto sales order?Is transfer order used in delivery?

If transfer order is not used then, after canceling the billing document, you can just reverse the goods issue using VL09.

Then you can change the actual goods issue date if needed and then again you can create the billing document in VF01.

By this way, the delivery document flow will contain the cancelled billing document details.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

When I mentioned canceling the documents all the way to order it was just a thought if that was the correct approach, we have instances were we shipped units to one of our subsidiaries and then we need to request some back, we also have instances were we send the units with the wrong serial number in this situation we just need to fix data, then we could have instances were we have pricing differences.

Your suggestion will be greatly appreciated

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking at your scenarios, you may need use different approaches.

For example, to handle the situation the instances were we shipped units to one of our subsidiaries and then we need to request some back, as mentioned before, you can use returns processing.

For other scenarios, like pricing corrections and serial numbers correction, it is just enough to reverse the post goods issue using VL09. When the billing document is cancelled, you can make price changes in sales order, the new pricing of which can be reflected in billing document.

Regarding the serial number process, I assume you maintain it at delivery level. Once PGI is reversed, then you can make the necessary changes. If it is maintained at sales order level (like text field), then you can copy the details in the delivery level without any issue (as line item text data). By this way, the already created delivery need not be deleted for any reason.

Regards,