Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to lock/unlock user in a specific child system from CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a possibility to lock/unlock user in a specific child system from CUA. Password reset asks for which Target system password has to be reset for a specific user. Does Locking/Unlocking an ID also have such option? if so please let me know how to enable the setting.

Thanks

LAK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

I am using CUA and facing the same issue. To resolve this issue we have set userlocking/unlocking in SCUM as "Everywhere". By doing this we can lock/unlock users in the local systems as well, simply by logging into that system going to SU01 and cliking on "Lock/unlock" option.

Hope this will help you as well.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

I am using CUA and facing the same issue. To resolve this issue we have set userlocking/unlocking in SCUM as "Everywhere". By doing this we can lock/unlock users in the local systems as well, simply by logging into that system going to SU01 and cliking on "Lock/unlock" option.

Hope this will help you as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Lock/Unlock in the CUA works as defined in the CUA of Parent System.

kindly Check the tcode : SCUM and in this tcode Check the Tab Lock.

If the Lock is checked only Globally then it is permitted in Parent System only. You cannot Lock in Child System.

Similarly the Unlock, if it is checked only Globally then it is permitted in Parent System only. You cannot UnLock in Child System.

If the option is checked for Global and Local, then it is permitted to lock/unlock in both parent and child systems.

For Password Please check the Settings in Logon Data Tab of tcode SCUM. It is also works similar to Lock and Unlock.

If You generate the Password in LogOn Tab os SU01, then the new password generated will be applicable for both parent and child systems.

br

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan/ sap.sec.akshay,

Thanks for the response. I understand setting it to Everywhere we can perform the activites both in Central and Local. But my requirement is I need to perform this activity from CUA in which similar to password reset system should popup list of Target client name for Locking/Unlocking as well.

Thanks

LAK

0 Kudos

Hi Lak,

it is not possible in the standard to set locks child system specific.

Local locks can only be set locally. global locks are set globally for all assigned systems.

So the required functionality is not available in standard-->note #11 would be applicable from SAPs point of view...

b.rgds,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also try in the wiki's Functionality Wishlist.

Alternately write your own little application which gives you that central but selective option calling BAPI_USER_LOCK for each entry selected.

Cheers,

Julius