Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about the infrastructure MII:

How is the transport of objects between environments (DEV, QAS, PRD) of MII?

Thank you,

Basilio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am sure that it is in Application Operation guide page 15, document SAPMII121_APPOP.pdf. And the other ideas, thanks we will have a look at it.

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poul,

I thought I needed to work my magic but it looks like its taken care of already. There is an updated version on December 1 that now reads correctly for that section

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

This is not my threat but I have one question still with regards to this topic. Kevin you refer to NW help file and that is ok. In one of the installation guides for MII it says that you should not use NWDI for package and transport of MII content.

Will NWDI work for transport of MII content and may I suggest to make a how-to guide on this topic as we could like to look further into this area as well.

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poul,

Can you tell me which guide and page you found that? That is an obvious error and needs to be corrected.

Using NWDI is optional and is additional configuration for MII. Without NWDI, administrators are limited to manual exports of projects from one system to another. Versions of MII projects need to be backed up manually. And MII objects are not locked down so developers can't lock out other developers' attempts of modification plus much more.

I believe there is a how-to guide being developed. However, it will only be specific to the touch points of MII and NWDI and not the entire features of NWDI. I suggest having your administrator (who will do the transports) review the RKT material for MII and also NW CE. Also, there is a specific forum for [NWDI (formerly called JDI). |;

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can export and import project bundles (zip files) from system to system.

In 12.1 you can use the NWDI transport system but I haven had the opportunity to use this yet.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basilio,

Christian is correct. One addition is that individual MII objects can be also exported/imported from system to system.

As for information on NWDI, you can find a large amount of help in the [NW CE section |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/59eba1d3df1feee10000000a1553f7/content.htm]of the online help.

Regards,

Kevin

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dev system > Quality or Integration systen>Production system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far what I have seen at 3 - 4 different places, its usually DEV to PRD. Import the DEV files into PRD.

Regards,

Chanti.