cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any particular risks when archiving SIC tables ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm about to launch archiving sessions for SIC tables : S001, S003, S006 ans S033. These tables are growing fast indeed in our system and nobody in my company uses SIC transactions.

Is there a risk to archive these tables, eg. if I archive them after just one month of residence ?

Could the SD SAP BI extractors be impacted ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serge,

I'm about to launch archiving sessions for SIC tables : S001, S003, S006 ans S033.

These tables are growing fast indeed in our system and nobody in my company uses SIC transactions.

I suppose you meant SIS (Sales Information System) or LIS (Logistics Information System).

Because nobody is using them today it does not mean nobody would not need them tomorrow.

Please consider the internal cost to restructure these tables if needed.

Regarding specific info tables:

S001 Customer => IMHO Useful in a generic SAP environment

S003 Sales organization => Same as S001, useful summary if statistical information is correct.

S006 Sales employee => Maybe not as useful as S001/S003, depends on your needs

S033 Movements (individual records) => Usually not useful, same info a S031 with detailed document data.

Usually these infotables are not archived, because you want historic data in the LIS.

You might want to deactivate the statistical update of S006 and S033 for performance reasons and also to avoid having to delete new data periodically.

On the other hand instead of archiving, you might want to delete the content of inactive infotables through OLIX transaction.

Much faster IMHO.

Could the SD SAP BI extractors be impacted ?

I am not sure about what the question is.

If someone is using this info from the BI environment definitely they will be impacted if you delete data and the deletion gets propagated to the SAP BI system

Best Regards / Cordialement,

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP Logistics Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franke,

Thank you for your answer.

First I apologize for my mistake : yes, I am talking about the SIS infostructure tables (SIC is the french acronym !).

At the moment, we have a special use of SD module in my company as Sales orders are created in a legacy system and then copied to SAP using IDOCs in order to be invoiced and then posted into accounting (FI).

Furthermore, we have implemented SAP BI to have some reporting on invoice documents (specific needs not covered by ECC6). Maybe it is the reason why people don not need to use SIS transactions.

We have planned to change our system in 2 ou 3 years and SAP will become the source of Sales Orders. Maybe users will want to use S001, S003... and other tables at this time. It would be easy then to stop archiving processes.

That's why I was wondering if archiving would be a cautious compromise for these tables : if we do have needs to access to the data later, we will be able to view them by SARI.

Concerning SAP BI extractors, my colleagues told me they were using 2LIS_13_VDITM datasource and my question was about an hypothetic link bitwin the SIS tables and this datasource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serge,

... as Sales orders are created in a legacy system and then copied to SAP using IDOCs in order to be invoiced and then posted into accounting (FI)

Yeah, that's quite usual for the first step of a SAP implementation from a legacy system.

Furthermore, we have implemented SAP BI to have some reporting on invoice documents (specific needs not covered by ECC6).

Nice (and rich) solution!

Maybe it is the reason why people don not need to use SIS transactions.

Very good reason indeed.

We have planned to change our system in 2 ou 3 years and SAP will become the source of Sales Orders. Maybe users will want to use S001, S003... and other tables at this time.

Or maybe not, in the same way that Billing Document info is now replicated to SAP BI, then it would make sense to also replicate Sales Document and Deliveries to SAP BI in the future.

In general, my Consulting customers do not use the standard infostructures because they do not meet their needs.

New infostructures are created during or after project implementation.

Of course SAP BI is a much better solution, but sometimes small is beautiful

That's why I was wondering if archiving would be a cautious compromise for these tables : if we do have needs to access to the data later, we will be able to view them by SARI.

Not sure if that will be helpful, but will not hurt anyway. If something goes wrong, you would still be able to reconstruct the data in the SIS table anyway.

Concerning SAP BI extractors, my colleagues told me they were using 2LIS_13_VDITM datasource and my question was about an hypothetic link between the SIS tables and this datasource.

My understanding is that this datasource takes data directly from the billing item (VBRP), so it does not care about the information available in the SIS tables.

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP Logistics Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franck,

Thanks a lot for your extra answers.

Regarding hypothetic BI impacts, I will verify what happens while archiving in our test system.

Have a good day.

Serge

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

May be, But it is based on your client requirements . You can get details like residence time from cusomer and get touch with Process chain Admin for your query (BI data impact)

Regards,

Udayasankar Rajagopalan