Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Connections

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to set up two JCO connections, but I get the following error message:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=por052ilp GROUP=D11 R3NAME=D11 MSSERV=sapmsD11 PCS=1 ERROR hostname 'por052ilp' unknown TIME Wed May 31 09:39:26 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -2 MODULE ninti.c LINE 336 DETAIL NiPGetHostByName2: hostname 'por052ilp' not found SYSTEM CALL gethostbyname_r ERRNO 11004 ERRNO TEXT WSANO_DATA: Valid name, no data record of requested type COUNTER 1

When I ping the connection I get:

Failed to ping JCo destination 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_MODELDATA_DEST'

I think maybe I have to do some configurations in J2EE Visual Admin. Until now I have just configured the SLD Data Supplier, do I have to do something in JCo RFC Provider service?

Kind regards

Øyvind Isaksen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Content Administrator -> Technical System Browser I can see that the Dispatcher port for por052ilp is set to 3297.

In the file 'services' I add:

sapmsD11 3603/tcp

How can I know if this port is the right one to use? (It is not used by any other hosts before.)

When I tried again, the same error message was shown, I even tried to change the pwd to uppercase.

Kind regards

Øyvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jorn,

msg server port nr = 3600 + instance number

Regards

Bogdan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it's working now, thank you for your helpful answers!

Best Regards

Øyvind

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas!

I tried to do that, but then I got a new error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=por052ilp GROUP=D11 R3NAME=D11 MSSERV=sapmsD11 PCS=1 ERROR partner not reached (host por052ilp, service sapmsD11) TIME Wed May 31 10:59:07 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -10 MODULE nixxi_r.cpp LINE 8663 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn ERRNO 10061 ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER 2

And still I can't ping the connection.. Any ideas?

Kind regards

Øyvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorn,

check, if you have a line

sapmsD11 3601/tcp

(you have to set your own message server port numer)

in file \WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services on your Java WAS.

Regards

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorn,

Try entering your password (for the jco connection) completely in uppercase.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jorn!

No, the JCo RFC Provider service is only meant for doing RFC calls from ABAP to Java.

Try to insert the host 'por052ilp' with IP- into file 'WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts'.

Regards,

Thomas