cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK VAT - MWST Condition Rate in Sales Order different to Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are testing the UK VAT Rate Change.

Condition MWST has a rate of 15% until today and 17.5% from tomorrow.

When I create a sales order with a requested delivery date of tomorrow and a pricing date of today the MWST Condition is shown as 17.5% at both header and lin eitem.

If I create a delivery, post goods issue and create a billing document today, the billing document correctly shows the MWST Condition rate as 15%%.

But the Sales document still displays the MWST Condition rate as 17.5% .

?? How can I get the sales document to display the actual condition rate ??

I cannot find a solution to this anywhere and would be grateful for any help.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in t.code VOV8, in the sales document, the value filled in the field "Proposal for Pricing date". If other pricing terms permits, leave this field blank and test.

Other option would be, in pricing procedure against the condition type MWST, in the requirement column you can add a routine (create through t.code VOFM), which can have logic as pricing date as today for sales orders.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

If the pricing date for the Sales Order and the Billing Document are the same, the VAT should be also be the same.

But the pricing date for both document does not always have to be the same.

If the real goods issue date is different from the planned goods issue date and you use it as a reference for the pricing date, then both dates will be different & that's OK. The same would happen if a discount is changed after the Sales Order is introduced but before billing & a new price determination takes place during billing.

IMHO the Billing Document is the critical document and needs to have the right VAT rate.

The Sales Order should have the data calculated based on the best information available at creation time, but does not need to be corrected after Billing.

Best Regards,

Franck