Did you mean: 

CORBA Connection to XMLForm failed...

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are configuring the ADS and are unsuccesful. Here are the details:

-The Java instance (NW 70 SPS18) is installed on a seperate instance.

-The ERP 6.0 instance is ABAP only (NW70 SP15).

-OS is Solaris 10 64bit (supports ADS 32 bit acccording to the PAM),

-DB is Oracle 10.2

The RFC connection from ABAP to Java is working (HTTP 302 is returned)

The J2EE Destination is working (Error 404 is received but this is Ok accoding to manual)

The FP_PDF_TEST_00 program returns the version number of the ADS

The FP_TEST_00, FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE (with and without RFC destionation) and FP_CHECK_HTTP_DATA_TRANSFER (with and without RFC destionation) all crash with the same error. This is also logged in the Default Trace of the Java instance:

"CORBA Connection to XMLForm failed, please verify the binaries are deployed to the os_libs directory and that the XML Form Module service is started". You may be running on a non-supported platform.

[Error Log file "2009.12.07.165337SAFP<USERNAME>.pdf" written to/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global//AdobeDocumentServices/renderErrorLog/errorFiles]"

Service XMLFormService: Native process (PID=0) /usr/sap/<SID>/JC##/j2ee/os_libs/adssap/XMLFormService/bin/XMLForm.exe terminated abnormally with error code 9

ld.so.1: XMLForm: fatal: libX11.so.4: open failed: No such file or directory

couldn't set locale correctly

The binaries are there however. When executing the XMLFom.exe from the shell using sidadm it returns pretty much the same errors as listed above. It's looking for the files in /bin/ instead of /usr/sap/<SID>/JC##/j2ee/os_libs/adssap/XMLFormService/bin but this could be that your not supposed to run the script from the command prompt.

interestingly enough, the generated PDF error files are ok. And in the PDF the message is "no errors reported".

I've renamed the adssap folder as suggested in some forums and the folder was regenerated. However, it made no difference.

I've configured ADS quite a few times now, but never ran into this. It seems to be an OS related problem, but I could use some help resolving it.

Cheers

marcel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

problem "solved". The library libX11.so.4 is somehow needed to run the XMLForm.exe properly. This file is not in the os_libs directory but in the /usr/openwin/bin. By creating a symbolic link in the .../XMLFormsService/bin directory to this file the script executes properly and all the ADS tests (PF_TEST_00 etc) run fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same error as shown below at

The FP_TEST_00, FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE and FP_CHECK_HTTP_DATA_TRANSFER.

"CORBA Connection to XMLForm failed, please verify the binaries are deployed to the os_libs directory and that the XML Form Module service is started". You may be running on a non-supported platform.

I didnt find the file libX11.so.4 file in my server. We are using HP-UX .

Could you please let me know how to fix this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

matthias_hollstein
Participant

Hi
I was able to solve that issue only by installing all missing components according: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2029940

regards

Matthias

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much.

g_vandenbroucke
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are using HP-UX and have the same problem. Is there a solution for HP-UX

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happened to us on HP-UX; SAP answered:

1. Stop J2EE Engine

2. rename folder /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/os_libs/adssap

to /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/os_libs/adssap.old

3. Start J2EE Engine

During the start of the J2EE engine, the folder adssap will be regenerated

4. Also make sure XMLForm.exe is extracted under /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/os_libs/adssap/XMLFormService/bin

This worked for us on HP-UX IA64; the default trace log was showing errors for HP-UX on PA-RISC and suggesting our executables were for the wrong platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the solution. It resolved my problem on AIX as well.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carol!

Your solution resolved my problem too!

Thank you so much!

balraj_giduturi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carol,

This solution worked on AIX with NW 7.31.

The problem occurred after the Java system was upgraded from NW 7.02 to NW 7.31

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, but this recommendation did not help me.
still is an error:

SYSTEM ERROR: ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: CORBA Connection to XMLForm failed, please verify the binaries are deployed to the os_libs directory (200.101).
Exception of class CX_FP_RUNTIME_INTERNAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Carol, this saved us opening from a SAP message.

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

+1 for Carol

0 Kudos

great! this helped us as well 🙂

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Carol !

4 years later, on SAP J2EE ADS 7.31, we had the same issue, and fortunately you were kind enough to share the solution !

Still we do not undersatnd why the problem happened suddenly on our ADS system , we din't do any sap.oracle,hp-ux change .....

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Same issue on an SAP BI JAVA NW 7.40 SPS09, after an upgrade from SAP NW 7.00.

I had to use this solution to solve it.

We are running this SAP system on Oracle 11 and SLES For SAP 11.

Many thanks for the share !

Stéphan

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After solving the problem, I opened a SAP customer call, and I have been redirected to this scn thread ....   If someone from SAP read this ... it might be worth creating a dedicated sap note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running NW 7.30 SP08 on Windows 2008r2. We also tried to regenerate "adssap" folder but problem still exists.

Is there any suggestion in order to resolve this issue in Windows Environment?

Thanks

Phuong

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Phuong.

if you have the same error: that is "the file cannot be found", try to use the symbolic link option I described on top. In Windows this is also possible (Google it).

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabe,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have double checked but in your case i could not find any clues to prove that ADS could not find the correct library event the error message is the same for lost connection but due to Connection to failed service. Thanks indeed for any suggestion? Here is our error traces:

Caused by: com.adobe.ProcessingException: XMLFM Exception during render: com.adobe.ProcessingException

at com.adobe.ads.operation.support.RemoteRenderer.renderAllRemote(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ads.operation.support.RemoteRenderer.renderAll(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ads.operation.support.RemoteRenderer.renderAll(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ads.operation.Render.renderWithoutCache(Unknown Source)

... 87 more

Caused by: com.adobe.ProcessingException: CORBA Connection to XML Form Module failed, please verify the binaries are deployed to the os_libs directory

You may be running on a non-supported platform.

at com.adobe.ads.remote.ConnectionFactoryHandler.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ads.remote.EJB_XMLFormAgent.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ads.remote.EJB_XMLFormAgent.renderAll(Unknown Source)

... 91 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Connection to failed service.

at com.adobe.service.ResourcePooler.allocateResource(ResourcePooler.java:98)

at com.adobe.service.ConnectionFactoryManagerPeer.getConnectionResourceFromPool(ConnectionFactoryManagerPeer.java:95)

at com.adobe.service.J2EEConnectionFactoryManagerPeerImpl.getConnection(J2EEConnectionFactoryManagerPeerImpl.java:93)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is due to lacking of visual C++ 2008 Runtime library. Sap should add a sap note for that kind of error.

former_member249884
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, Late answer but maybe somebody might find it usefull:

After we made all steps described here and still same error, we have installed 32 bit library libX11.i686 even if 64bit library libX11.x86_64 was already there, restarted java stack and issue was solved.

add multilib_policy=all to /etc/yum.conf

sync repo

yum install libX11.i686

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your solution. It helped us to fix our issue after migration to Linux.

Regards,

SriCharan