cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get system property via webdynpro ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I get System property like user.name for the system on which my webdynpro application has been launched ?

On normal coding I get the user.name for the user which is running J2EE engine hosting the webdynpro application.

Regards,

Sameer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

java.lang.System.getProperties() or java.lang.System.getProperty(name) available in WebDynpro code as well. Or you mean something different?

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

If I use java.lang.System.getProperty(user.name) in any method in a view controller, it gives me the user running the J2EE engine and not the user which opened my webdynpro application in a browser on his machine e.g. it would give 'J2E' as output and not 'i028949'.

Regards,

Sameer.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Do you need the user only? Check

best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

I need the user id of the windows user that has logged in on the machine where my application is opened in a browser. Something which is normally done via System.getProperties(user.name) in a normal java code.

Regards, Sameer.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

I don`t think you are able to get such kind of user information in WD application.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

Ok I have configured the authentication screen, but I do not want every user to register and have a UME database.

How can I configure the login screen such that if SSO is enabled the user is automatically logged in, else he has to use his windows domain userid and password to login ? This same system is in place for accessing SAP Corporate portal.

I should then be able to get his userid i.e loginid because that loginid will be used for database queries throughout the WD application.

Regards, Sameer,

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/65c078b39b0398e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

and serach on SDN for "SPNego".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helpful answer and the link led me to a rabbit hole of different techniques, each one more promising, but no clue as how to code it and make it work.

Do you have a code example or a definite how-to for getting this to work ? I do not want to read theories on SSO connections to SAP Backend system.

Regards, Sameer

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/4bd58c6c5e5f34e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm contains J2EE Engine Configuration section.

Answers (0)