0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our managed system is SRM 5.0 on sap netweaver 7.0 SP9. To install SAP

Diagnostics Agent on the managed system according to Expert Guided

implementation, we have to install the Diagnostics Agent same as our

kernel to avoid library issue.

As such we cannot install Diagnostic Agent 7.11 and we have to install

Agent 7.0.

However, we could not find diagnostic agent 7.0 SAR files. Would be great if someone can provide.

Our Solution manager is NW 7.01 EHP1 SP 21.

Also, what is difference between SMD agent and Diagnostic Agent both of which as i understand needs to be installed on the managed system?

On our Solman system, we have already installed Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager and Interscope Agent.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Edited by: Sandeep Soman on Dec 7, 2009 4:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The files for the 7.0 agent can be found here:

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group" SAP Technology Components" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0" Entry by Component" Agents for Satellite Systems SMD AGENT 7.00 # OS independent

The following objects are available for download:

File Type Download Object Title Patch Level Info File File Size [kb] Last Changed

SAR SMDAGENT15_0-20003546.SAR SP15 for SMD AGENT 7.00 0 Info 43130 17.07.2008

Edited by: J. Hellemons on Dec 8, 2009 3:20 PM

As for the difference: SMD Agent = Diagnostics agent. For 7.11 they renamed it, so you install a SMD agent together with a Wily Agent on to system to be monitored.

Edited by: J. Hellemons on Dec 8, 2009 3:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Check Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents and review attached Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

To expand on what Mehul said, the ppt attached to that note suggests that if you are on SM 7.01(Ehp1) with ST400 SP 20 or higher, you can install 7.11 on the satellite systems provided that your satellites are running on NW 6.40 or higher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have install SMD Agent 7.11 on my PI 7.11 system and my Solman running on Solman 7.01 SP21 .. With SMD 7.01 Agent..... Once I install SMD Agent in my PI systems and then try to run Managed System SMD Agent Setup getting some warning for SSO Ticket, Some JVM Parameter null value etc...... Its Warnings..and I don't know how to remove it................ Did u found same issues in your PI 7.11 system set up for E2E..............

Also did u setup any parameters in your 7.11 systems to connect to Solman 7.01 under RZ10?

**************************************************************************************

Also in Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents.... Attached Rules saying that if you are running on Solman 7.01 SPS 20 then u have to run 7.11 Agent but once I have look at Diagnostics agent troubleshooting guide it saying "To avoid libraries conflicts it is highly recommended to install a Diagnostics agent which has the same kernel release than the SAP systems already installed on the host."

*************************************************************************************

Don't know what will work and what not......