cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage decision and inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Once Usage decision has been done, can we still change it? how can i set that it can be changed?

2.Is it possible to create an Inspection plan for a group of material? for example, I just need to maintain 1 Inspection plan for 30 material. something like it can be group like reference operation set? if yes how? if no, why?

Thank you so much,

raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hi,

1. Once Usage decision has been done, can we still change it? how can i set that it can be changed?

Yes UD can be changed anytime but you can not change the stock postng.Also for history in QM view tick on "document req"

2.Is it possible to create an Inspection plan for a group of material? for example, I just need to maintain 1 Inspection plan for 30 material. something like it can be group like reference operation set? if yes how? if no, why?

Yes this is possible through QP01/02 --->in header there is one tab"Material assignment" here you can enter

Group conter (same say "1" ) material & plant.

Same Inspection plan is reffered to the multiple materials.You can add as materials possible.

But remember that Unit of measurement of all materials must be same.

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes UD can be changed anytime but you can not change the stock postng.Also for history in QM view tick on "document req"

Hi, what will happen to the quality level if I change the Usage Decision? Will it become updated?

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what will happen to the quality level if I change the Usage Decision? Will it become updated?

Quality level will always consider the latest UD code in UD screen.

If lot was skipped & UD is if RF ( changed UD) the Quality level will change.

You can see the change in Quality Level from QDL2 .

Please check

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One last question, if i created a group and assign for example 10 materials. If I change for example DMR in the inspection plan with 1 of the material. Will the other 9 material stay the same or it is also changed the DMR?

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

One last question, if i created a group and assign for example 10 materials. If I change for example DMR in the inspection plan with 1 of the material. Will the other 9 material stay the same or it is also changed the DMR?

When you are using only one plan with same group & group counter in that case when DMR is changed in task list header it will be applicable to all the materials.(As header is common & DMR is also)

on the countrary if you have changes the Quality level in QDL2 ,it will be only applicable to that material and/or vendor combination.

Regards

Sujit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raymond

Yes change in UD code will update the quality level

Regards

Gajesh

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gajesh and Raymond.

If you change the UD on an inspection lot after the intial inspection UD has been made, I do not believe that the quality level is changed. You must update the quality level manually. You could play havoc with quality levels by changing the UD's over and over. In some cases, depending on configuration the quality level is update at lot creation, not at time of UD.

To change stock posting and do reversals you can refer to the following SAP help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/18/43890e449011d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/18/43890e449011d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An UD can be changed once it has been made. (QA12). But the stock postings cannot be undone and all stock movement must be corrected manually. There is an OSS note to allow reversals but SAP does not recommend it and does not support it.

On the header of the inspection plan you'll find a button on the button bar for doing additional material assignments. Click that and on the next screen enter in all the materials and their plant IDs and the group counter that they should use.

Craig