cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple main windows in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , My requirement is that a report program can trigger 3 types of print output with logo barcode etc. The user can choose the first type, second type, third type or all three or any combination when executing the program in the form of check boxes. So instead of creating 3 different smartforms, I am creating one with three pages and each page with its own main window.

Question 1) If the width of the main window in the second and third page do not match the width of the first page, I get a short dump

2) Can I directly call the second page, or third page without executing the first page depending on the input.

Thanks

<MOVED BY MODERATOR TO THE CORRECT FORUM>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Dec 15, 2009 3:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Multiple main windows are not possible in SMARTFORMS...

There will be only one main window in SMARTFORM

Use TEMPLATES to resolve your issue.. Define 3 diffrent TEMPLATE and as per the condition you can execute each TEMPLATE.

Specify the Condition in the Conditions TAB of TEMPLATE..

Hope it will solve your problem..

Thanks & Regards

ilesh 24x7

ilesh Nandaniya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use different TEMPLATES in the same page/window & then in the output options tab, you can put up a condition against a particular parameter.

Accordingly, the TEMPLATES will get displayed as per the given condition.

Hope that solves the thing.

--

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

My case is I want to print two stickers using single input,then here using temp. width is same but some fields are different in b/w one barcode. How to salve this problem.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although the system allows one to have multiple main windows, I could'nt figure out a way trigger only particular ones, so I ended up creating multiple smartforms. Thank you all for your answers.

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

directly calling the second window is not possible... instead you can have templates in the first window and call each based on conditions...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create three Windows with reference to your requirement. Based on the Parameter selected trigger the window which you want to print.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Multiple main windows in a page is not a feasible solution. You can do this by suing TEMPLATE or COPIED WINDOW.

Regards

Abhii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I would like to make a correction, it is not multiple main windows on the same page. What I have created so far is 3 pages such that : Page1 - Mainwindow1 ,

page2 - Mainwindow2,

page3- Mainwindow 3.

Edited by: Krish M on Dec 7, 2009 7:36 PM