cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESCCC - Generate cost collector as background job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to generate the cost collector. normally this is a two screen procedure. In the first screen I input the parameters and then execute it.

In the next screen the list of cost collectors appear with the red & white circle icon at the top. When I select the cost collectors and click on the icon, it generates the cost collectors and they are now ready for the next period.

We have a timeout setting of 900 seconds set in our system. As a result any foreground job that runs for more than that leads to a short dump. We cannot change this parameter.

Thats why I was trying to run the report as a background job. When I am running the background job, after a while when I am checking the status of the job I can find that the job has successfully finished.

The problem is that in this case I dont get the second screen from where I could select the cost collectors and then 'generate' them using the red & white circular icon. That screen just doesn,t come at all.

Can someone please tell me that if i run this as a background job then how may I get to the screen (the second screen) from where i can select the cost collectors and generate them?

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

when RESCCC is run as background job the cost collectors for all specified settlement units should be generated without the need to select them in a second screen.

Please check that you have made the selections for settlement units and also the settlement period start and end date properly for your background job. If it still doesn't work please check the protocol of the background job for messages.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you very much. What I observed is that when we used to previously schedule these jobs are background jobs we never filled up the SU data. We used to run it only using the BE numbers.

But today after you suggested, I used with both the BE as well as the SU numbers and the job ran successfully updating the records. Many thanks.

Regards.

Answers (0)