cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract performance monitoring data from SAP in one minute interval?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would need to be able to extract performance monitoring data from SAP so that the data is split in one minute intervals and for each minute an average is calculated. In case one minute interval would cause too much performance degradation by itself, two minute interval would be OK as well.

Specifically I would need to collect data that can be gotten with transactions ST06 and ST04.

I know how to get ST06 display either a snapshot data or an average for an hour, but I don't know how to get data for predetermined shorter intevals.

This data collection method would not need run for a very long period.

The collected data should be in a form that I can export to an Excel.

If all above is possible with standard ECC 6.0/WAS 7.01, how can I do it?

If not, how can that be accomplished best?

Kind regards

Kai Pulliainen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you ever tried STAD transaction to look at all the transaction data?

Using STAD you can find out minutes data for each transaction in SAP.

But one basic question: what you will do with 1min or 2min data,?because data will be in huge number of records(milliions of records)

If you start to run the transaction STAD to look for each transaction/user data for 1min or 2min as interval ,system will get slow with performance data extraction.

Thanks.

Shyam Dontamsetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for advising me on transaction STAD.

I can use it as well.

With transction ST03N I am planning to get the SAP workload data.

For CPU load and memory usage data I am going to collect using O/S level tools.

Kind regards

Kai Pulliainen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what data you are looking in st04 and st06 but if you need details of cpu, memory usage in intervals of 1 or 2 mins and if this helps you. This is the method.

using tcode st03/ st03n

use service/expert mode --> detailed analysis --> last minutes load -> you can specify the range --> time from -to and time granularity as 1min/2mins select enter and then you can view the time profile in the next analysis views in the lower bottom tab.

You should be able to export this to txt or excel document for analysis.

In standard SAP I haven't seen the level of details possible at 1/2 min level in tcode st04 and st06, the minimum time window would be 1 hour or the snapshot view. you can use tcode st06n for hourly views which is handy.

There are counters you can enable at OS level to collect data and analyse data in windows plaform, in unix you may need to get some scripts to capture the memory/cpu usage. Also there are various 3rd party tools to capture performance data and beautiful reports(paid option).

Cheers Sam