cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Project Purchase Requisition using User Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We need a copy of TECO, we tried to create a new status using BS22 transaction but its totally new activity of creating the system status. This transaction does not allow to copy an existing status. is there any other way to do so

We alos tried to block the Purchase Requisition using user status, but its not working. Please guide

Thanks in advance.

Murtaza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IT is not at all advisable to change system status, system status is having so many other dependency on business transaction , so it's better to control the requirement using user status rather than changing system status.

You can block PR using user status.Please provide details at what level, for which object and how you wanted to control PR.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your quick response.

The requirement is not just to block PR, we need a TECO like user status that will be assigned to WBSE. I have created the user status where I matched the permission of business transactions with TECO, but it's not working. After that I blocked all business transaction by checking them as "Forbidden", but it's still not working. Please advise

Regards,

Murtaza

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you assigned your user status profile to relevant PS object. I assume that you wanted to have user status like as TECO for WBS Element. Confimr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right I need the said status for WBS Element. I have assigned it to relevant WBS Elements but not working.

Let me explain the scenario little more, there are activities having commitments (Purchase Requisitions), we need to process the existing PRs but new commitments must be blocked. we need to use status on WBSE to control it so that if we need to re-open the new commitments, we can do it by disabling the status.

Murtaza

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is business transaction Material Purchase Requisition for object type WBSE and Network activity. You can set that as forbidden for a particular status, so that when that status is active you cannot create PR for that WBSE or Activity. Try that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Rifaee,

If you check the above statements, I have written that it has been checked. It's not working, any other solution ?

Murtaza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have assigned the correct status profile in the project profile.

Best Regards,

Gokul

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after the status profile is set up

with Material Purchase requisition forbidden

make sure that status profile is correctlt set up i project profile

now create a new project and try

it works for me

remember - status sometimes does not change retrospectively and applies only to new objects