cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep few table rows editable and few non-editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to have a table with few rows editable and few rows non-editable.That is I have populated a table from BAPI it will return a set of values.If user want to insert new rows then they can enter in table,but they should not delete the values from BAPI.

How to achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create 'Action Button' through toolbar for that table. assign 'System action' as 'Insert Row' for that particular button. When you click on this button,it will add row in the table. But what you have entered, dont you want to save it? it will not save the added row by default.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your reply.I am aware of adding a row in a table.But I can enter values in table only if selection mode is editable. I dont want the user to edit the BAPI returned values only append new values.

Can you suggest?

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you are right, but you can use 'Expression box' for showing the 'BAPI return fields'. Default in table it will show all the fields as 'Input Field' you can change it to 'Expression Box'. This will not allow you to edit the 'BAPI' return fields.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I tried with your option it is not editable,but if i insert a new row using "Insert row" action that row too is not editable.I want the new rows added through action as editable.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik