cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection plan selection based on production workcenter for Inspection typ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM Guru's,

I have requirement of automatic inspection lot creation based on production work center.

For example :- I have Inspection Plan A, Plan B and Plan C for Material XYZ. My requirement is that, when inspection lot created for material XYZ ,when we release production order (Early lot creation) , it should create inspection lot based on production work centers in the order. In this case, if production workcenter A is in the prodiction order, system automatically assigned inspection plan A, when workcenter B,it should choose inspection plan B and same for C workcenter.

Can we have this set up in the system?

Let me know if u need any other details.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth

if your product line is only a few and if there is no other way match up routing and inspection plan you can create a z table and maintain all the possible combination there in it

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Yes, I have only 3 PP lines which has different speeds.

I am not getting about your Z tables. Whats that? After creating that Z table, what we need to do?

Thanks and advance

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A non-development solution would be to create an inspection plan with four operations.

1) create a reference operation set with all the characteristics that are common for all work centers.

2) Create an inspection plant that uses the reference operation as the first operation.

3) Create three additional operations in the same plan. One for each work center with the characteristics that are unique to each work center. Assign security as appropriate based on work center. To avoid force closing, you can make the characteristics in the work center operations as optional.

I am curious though. Why are you testing the same material differently in three different workcenters? If you can provide us with the business reason, maybe we can suggest another alternative.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creig,

Actually i need inspection plan according to production work center because sampling size and AQL level are depends on speed of production work centers. For example: Workcenter A has speed of 100 pc/hr, workcenter B has 200 pc/hr and workcenter C has 300 pc/hr. Here, when Material XYZ is produced on workcenter A, it has more sample size and different AQL level from workcenter B and workcenter C. We cant use In-process inspection because of some contraints.

Let me know if you need any other clrification.

Thanks in advance

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest looking at the following user exit:

QPAP0002 - Enhancement for material/plan selection.

I'd set up work centers to match the three lines you have. Create a group counter for each line. Use the appropriate work center in the group.

Use the enhancement to identify the line from the production order, match it to the correct group counter from the work centers and then make the appropriate assignment.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

Thanks for testing. I my case, I have different QM workcenters and cant be same as PP workcenters.

Any other solution?

I will work out for user exit which u had suggested.

Thanks and Regards

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The workcenters in QM and PP don't have to be the same. In the user exit your going to code in the logic you want to use to select the inspection plan.

I suggested creating the workcenters the same and the code can use that info to match up the correct task list group to assign the inspection lot. But if that doesn't work pick something else.

Your code can use any logic you want. You can put a description in the short text if you want.

You can just have an understanding that task list group 10 is always used for production work center XYZ and task list group 20 is always used for production work center ABC and task list group 30 is always used for production work center 123. In the user exit you check which production line and just change the group to 10, 20 or 30 then.

I don't care what you pick or how you do it, neither does the function module. I believe the function module will pass in the parameters of the task list it is planning to assign. You then have the ability to use the code to pick a different one and pass back new parameters for the task list.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

Ok i will check with my ABAPer to do the coding.

Let you know once it done.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

There are 7 functional modules in the User exit QPAP0002 as below :-

EXIT_SAPLCZCL_001

EXIT_SAPLCZDI_001

EXIT_SAPLCZDI_002

EXIT_SAPLCZDI_003

EXIT_SAPLCZOV_001

EXIT_SAPLQPAP_002

EXIT_SAPLQPL1_001

My ABAPer activate function module "EXIT_SAPLQPAP_002" but its not any use.

Which Functional module I need to activate ?

Thanks in advance

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. you should be able to use EXIT_SAPLQPL1_001.

In here it looks like you can change the parameters the system is using to look for the plan. The parameter you want to work with is the usage.

Set up three new usages for your inspection plans. Usage 101, 102, 103. Create the plans with the right usages and assign the materials to them. usage 101 for line 1, usage 102 for line 2, usage 103 for line 3. You can keep these all in the same Group.

In the exit SAPQPL1_001 you will have to figure out the logic of how to figure out which production line your running. Teh programmer shoud have enough available infor from QALS to figure it out. Then based on that info, change the Usage to 101, 102, or 103. When you export that, the system should look for a plan with the appropriate usage.

I thought you'd be able to specify the plan specifically in this exit. I was wrong. But I think the above process will work.

Craig

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth

There is no standard solution for this. You can do a development for this

Kindly use this BADi - QPAP_FLEX_PLAN for this. What you can do is you can put a logic of having the same work center as in production in quality plan also. BADI can check for this and then assign the inspection plan accordingly

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajesh......I will check with technical person and let you know.