cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with overwriting msg using adapter module when WSS enabled in SOAP CC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a SOAP->RFC scenario where on the sender side I'm using an adapter module. This adapter module should modify the message content based on some conditions. This works fine unless the WSS is enabled in the sender SOAP CC. When enabled, the message doesn't get modified. If disabled, it works fine. Do you have any explanation for this? Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks, Olian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olian,

As others said, it is (normally) not possible to add custom module to the SOAP sender adapter (are you using Axis fw ?) ... But, as a possible explanation, activating WSS restricts access to data within adapter ! You may have to using security methods or whatever to get access / rights before altering data

Simple assumption of course

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

>>I have a SOAP->RFC scenario where on the sender side I'm using an adapter module.

Are you using SOAP Adapter as sender? You cannot have module with sender soap adapter. Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/cd/5af7c0c994e24fb0d0088443513de2/frameset.htm

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I'm not sure this is true, because if I use the module w/o WSS enabled on the CC, it works fine.

I'm on the 2004s btw.

Cheers,

Olian

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

For 2004s (PI71) too sender adapter doesn't support modules (in normal SOAP mode and not in AXIS)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/a4/f13341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

>>if I use the module w/o WSS enabled on the CC,

Can you tell me how you did this??

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj, it works, however you have a bit restricted access to the message.

Olian