cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify the ASMA without defining the Sender and Receiver Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am developing a scenario where I am picking files from NFS and putting in FTP.

For this I am using only the ID and no IR content.

So far so good.

But Now we have a requirement to dynamically extract the target folder names from the File name.

e.g

Sourc File: ABC_FN_PQR

Folder name shouild be FN

For this the solution would be UDF.

But now my question is that where do i put this UDF as there is no IR at all.

Please suggest.

regards,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May not be possible to execute such a scenario.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just ASMA setting will do the needful. Are you planning to rename your target file name. If yes then only you will require UDF.

Update: Since your directory name will be taken from source file name then you have to use mapping for this, else it will not be possible.

I don't know if creating a new module for this will help you solve the issue, but in that case rather creating adapter module, mapping will be easier.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Dec 7, 2009 3:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANy thoughts???

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Easiest way out would be to create a 1-1 dummy mapping and use the UDF in it.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't you use mapping? Is there ay specific reason not for using it?

I can understand that you just want to send the file as it is so there is no need of mapping, but your requirement makes a need to use the message mapping. So you have to decide. Other then this I have already suggested about adapter module vs mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you don't have data structure defined and mapping,its not posible for XI to interpret the fields in your file.

If the souce file name is to be set to target file, you can use ASMA without mapping. But in your case as you need to get the file name from payload it is not possible without mapping.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Piyush,

Try this. Create a dummy interface and write a Java Mapping. Access the ASMA parameters in the Java mapping. This way you do not need to create a specific structure in IR. Just any dummy interface will do.

Refer to this page of Help portal for more info on ASMA in java mapping:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/09b16006526e72e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Can you explain a bit more on this.

Wont this also require me to create Source and targer struc in IR?

regards,

Piyush

Edited by: Piyush Mathur SAP on Dec 7, 2009 1:35 PM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as mentioned by sanjeev, use a dummy DT/MT.

Write a java mapping, pass the inputstream exactly to the outputstream (simulates a 1:1 direct mapping) and in the java code set your dynamic configuration + ASMA.

this is the simplest option rather than going for an adapter module etc.