cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting dump error in Sales order creation mode while going to item texts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting an ABAP dump error while going to item text tab in the creation mode of a sales order. This issue is happening only when we make a manual entry in the item text field for a particular text type Y011 in the preceding document of the sales order. Otherwise everything is working fine.

When I checked the settings in SPRO under SD - Text Control - Sales Doc - Item, the definition and assignment for the TEXT type Y011 is maintained correctly. Not sure why the issue is happening only with this text type.

Please assist. Thank you

Taiseer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the Transaction code ST22 to get more details of the DUMP

Take the help of ABAPer to debug and find the cause of the error

regards,

santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We verified all the things mentioned in the note 954372. There are no

multiple entries maintained for Y011 in the system. The debugging also

did not help since it was not reaching the point mentioned in the note.

Thank you

Taiseer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

We had tried this already. However, since the error is with standard program with many function modules. They are finding it difficult.

There is strange side also for this error that I missed to update. When I replace the Text Id Y011 with a new one it is taking me to the line item text tab with out any error even though I'm using the same access sequence and other settings. However, after saving the order and displaying the order number, immediately it is going to dump again.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check OSS Note 954372 - Short dump when navigating to text screen (troubleshooting) and allied notes in it.

Regards