cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UD with Batch number is not allowed - Insp Type 03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using Batch management in discrete manufacturing system. In-process as well FG inspection is performed therefore Inspection type 03 and 04 are assigned to Material.

On Production Order release Inspection lot (03) is created. But while UD, system asks for Batch without input UD can not be completed.

As during PO release stage Batch is not defined but while GR it is assigned why system wonu2019t allow to take UD.

If any one of you faced similar problem & crack the ice please share the solution

Thanks & Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Atul

QA40 should find 03 inspection lot also. But the note will be a permenant solution.

Please let us know after the note is implemented

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Revoked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajesh

Problem is resolved after application of SAP Note 146945.

Dear Craig

Client is using 03 type to analyse variation during inprocess inspection where as control is established by creating 04 type Inspection lot.

Thanks to all for support

Regards

Atul

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the past I have usually set up the auto UD for production lots program to run every X minutes. This program has settings that will make the UD on any orders that are marked as technically complete.

You really shouldn't close the inspection lot anyway until the order is closed, (TECO)

Is there a reason for closing these so early that there is no batch number available?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh

Thanks for suggestions ...

Yes I am using Ecc 6. I had tried with Tcode QA40 but it won't fetch 03 Inspection lot. Application of SAP Note 146945 seems to be the solution. I will try and inform you positively.

Thanks & Regards

Atul

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Atul

Hope you are using Ecc 6.

03 lots requires batch assignment while giving UD. But if you dont want to give it while doing UD for 03 inspection you have to give UD through Tcode QA40. There is an option in this Tcode where in you can tick UD when Batch Assignement is missing . This will make sure that the UD is given to the batch assignment lots

If you need this feature to be made available for QA11 you have to implement the Note 146945 - Making usage decision for production lots w/o batch. This note describes a solution that involves a customer enhancement. The enhancement enables the usage decision to made in the dialog (that means with the help of Transaction QA11) without batch assignment

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagesh. Very useful note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh

I do agree that for batch managed material, with out batch one cannot perform UD. But it is applicable for Finished Goods inspection - Insp Type 04

I am facing problem during In-process inspection (03). This is the situation where Prod order is released therefore no question of Batch assignment. I am creating historical data for which Batch may not be required.

I already experienced that during In-process inspection system won't ask for Batch but this time I am unable to identify the setting I am missing / ignored.

If someone recalls any Batch related setting or something with QM will be appreciated

Thanks

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For batch managed material, with out batch you cannot perform UD.

So at the time of order creation / release assign a batch. SPRO >In Batch Management >Creation of new Batches > Define Batch Creation for Production Order> Batch @ order creation / release.

If you cannt assign a batch, you cannt perform UD. As 03 lot is not stock relevant, you can skip UD with an appropriate user status. But this is not recommended.