Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access FTP server through Adapter Module

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

My scenario is like this --

I have to put xml file over ftp server but before SAP adapter pics up a file i need to rename this file into my ftp server.

How can i achieve this?

how can i access my ftp server through my Adapter module???

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dheeraj Is your requirement is like this ?

SAP -> FTP which means (I have to put xml file over ftp server )

Rename the file

FTP -> SAP which means (SAP adapter pics up a file )

In that case after placing the files in FTP server , you can user UNIX script to rename it

Regards,

Senthil Nattamai Sekar

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil

Yes Senthil this is my requirement, you got it very clearly.

You are telling about UNIX script but this i need to write in my ftp server am i right na, if am wrong please correct me. My client dont want to put any work on ftp because ftp is already over burdened.

They need a module. I have already written a module but not able able to rename the file it still.

Regards

Dheeraj kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure I full understand your requirement : do you need to put the file and THEN rename it once uploaded into FTP server ? Or do you need to rename it after PUT ?

Chris

PS : I initially thought about suggesting writing a custom adapter module that would handle the file rename operation (either locally or remotely), but I think it is not recommended to use IO operation with EJBs ...

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe

Yes i need to rename a file the time we paste a file onto FTP Server and before XI picks up a file.

I have already written a module for this but still unable to rename a file onto ftp server.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if you can access the files system in the module chain. Check your configuration channel's Processing tab it lets you run an operating system command before picking up the file. Of course this will not work if your naming scheme depends on your mapping.

Regards,

Sven