cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

In availabilty check if suppose there is no stock for today and I enter the material stock using MB1C and there I change the posting date and document date both to some date in future. Now when I do MMBE then the stock can be seen as it is entered in the system but since posting and doc is in future will this stock be considered if I make a sales order and try to deliver it????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.The formula for the availability check=(Ware house stock+Planned receipts-Planned Issues).

2.Here you have entered the stock in x future date through MB!C.

3.Here system checks it as the Planned Receipts of the ATP check of the availability.

4.So definetly the schedule line for that respective sales order of the line item is going to created as the schedule line is above the posted date of the stock.

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Komal,

In this case can u please explain me how you can maintain stock for future...i mean without availability of product how can u maintain a product in ur stock...if you are maintaining stock it means u have stock..the concept of document date and posting date is used by mm and fi people....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Komal,

Why dont you check that first and tell us what is happening actually and how do you except the system to react instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked it, the sales order is considering the stock and allowing me to deliver the stock entered in with future doc and posting date but I want to confirm whether this is standard and acceptable or whether I have made any mistake in config as I am not checking on standard docs or Org structure.Is there any check in system to allow or disallow it...Please guide........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge it is a standard SAP behaviour.

Point 1: You have made the stock postinf to some future date say "X".

Point 2: Now when you create the Sales Order today, the confirmed delivery date in schedule line level will be with respect to your posting date (future) that is X.

Point 3: So, if your delivery date is say X (your posting date) + Loading date, Transportatio date etc. then the system will obviously allow you to deliver.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I enered stock today and changed the posting and doc date as 10/12/09. Then I created sales order in todays date and by default my required delivey date is set as today's date. I checked schedule lines , it gave confirmed quantity for todays date even though stock posting is for future. I made Deliverya and invoice and the transaction was complete.

So I think for stock posting there is nothing as such future date, although financially the effect will be considered in future but the stock will be available in today's date to be used.

Please correct If I am wrong....Please try same scenarion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Komal,

I have checked in the system. It is considering the stock posted in future's date.

Hence, your understanding is correct. I think the date has an impact on update of account and not on stock.

Regards