cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I am doing one scenario in which i am sending the data from 10 SAP standard tables using proxy and target i am getting this in file. so for this i am using tables but when i am testing the interface by sending the data from 1 table near 1 lacs records.

they are not coimg in XI(MONI) , but i am sending few records they are coimg sucssfully.

please suggest me that what is to be done to collect all the records..

how much data we can send to xi through one interface through proxy.

do i need use RFC insted of proxy, what approch i have to take.please suggest.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gangadhar kh,

Maximum size of message which can be processed in PI completely depends upon the hardware specification of the PI server. It is not suggestable to use PI for dumping huge data. Better go with an ABAP code with some join conditions and use function modules like gui_upload to wrtie the records on a flat file.

Regards,

Phani Akella.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't we use bpm for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wouldn't go for BPM as it will add more overhead to the overall performance of your scenario, due to the workflow layer ...

Chris

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

Handling these kind of Bulk loadings in PI itself is not suggestable. In PI development we try our level best to avoid usage of BPMs as they are heavy resource consumers. We use BPMs only in some special cases like split, merge, alerts etc. If possible, move this dev out of PI, else hadle the load in small batches.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gangadhar,

The solution would be to split the records in the internal table into smaller chunks and send the data to XI (Everything on the ABAP side)

pseudo code would be something like this

loop at itab.
v_count = v_count + 1.
append itab to itab_temp.
clear itab.

if v_count = <some reasonable number>.
call the proxy class method to send the data to XI.
refresh itab_temp.
endif.
endloop.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

May be check occurence in the receiver side inteface.

Proxies would be best to handle.

Srini

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its definelty becuase of performace,i wondering how come you are sending 1 lac records at a time..you really needs to test your interface for 1 lac records??

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,,

my req is only to take the data from those sap tables simply dump into file . so it is possible in anyways or if we make 10 interface for 10 tables will it work, or other ways we have to use BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gangadhar,

I do not think it is a good idea to use XI/PI just for dumping/mass transfer of data.

If your aim is to take a dump of SAP tables then you can write a program and then use FTP/NFS to transfer those files. Also, you can schedule aa job for the same.

Just to give u a brief idea abt the XI load..... while message processing in XI ..the size of a message is multiplied by 10 (approax)..due to the fact that certain header information is added alongwith other details..

However,if you really think that you need go ahead with this scneario then refer the below link:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/soa-middleware/process-integration/exchange-infrastructure/xi-architecture_operations/sap%20exchange%20infrastructure%203.0%20tuning%20guide.pdf]

Edited by: Puneet Singhal on Dec 7, 2009 8:09 AM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Mysolution for this is create one BAPI in ECC side and it should contain 10 tables information,we can schedule the BAPI in ECC,its very simple to develop the BAPI and maintain realtion between 10 tables .

and use this BAPI develop scenarion RFC>PI>Receiver,if you want to split the RFC data use multi mapping,no need of BPM and no need of 10 interfaces.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My idea is that when i am testing for this selecting 3lacs records it is taking time when given 5 lac it is not processing so i thinking

to collect the records using bpm and process them in 1lac than after some time again process 1 lac .

is it correct idea plz suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i think the issue is with the huge payload only. Better to use BPM s according to the required scenario.

Through BPM send limited entries and test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have checked in R3 side in MONI for 5lacs records ,it showing

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">CLIENT_RECEIVE_FAILED</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>110</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Error while receiving by HTTP (error code: 110, error text: )</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>A</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

can any plz tell abt this error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As others mentioned it is not recommonded to handle such huge messages in PI. You need to chunk the data before it comes into XI. As you have file on the target side, you can append the data to the file to create the complete file at target end.Also using BPM is not recommonded in this case inview of performance challanges.

And regarding 'Error while receiving by HTTP', check the sap note#1031733 and increase the JVM parameters.

But it is not recommonded to passthrough messages of huge sizes in PI.Better review the requirements once and improve the design. Do you have 1lac records daily? or are you just dumping the whole data to file? check the requirement and think on possibilities of having delta load (only modified/new records) instead of whole table so that you can reduce the load on PI.