SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EA Retail and IS Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference between EA Retail and IS Retail? I'm in ECC 6.0 and was trying to analyse the list of release notes in ECC 6.0 using t-code SO99 and i have selected the EA -Retail componen(Component name : SAP Enterprise Extension Retail). The list of release notes for this applies to IS Retail too? Also how will i know which EHP pack i'm in?

Thanks,

Aditi.

7 REPLIES 7

tn_naveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditi,

There is a very useful document uploaded by Markus from SAP in the thread

SAP IS Retail Switch on manufacturing system (right on top!).

It provides details of the technical components in Retail and should answer any questions you might have in this area.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen. Wanted to know if EA Retail means manufacturing system? So all the new functionalities in ECC 6.0 for retail will apply to both EA Retail and IS Retail i beleive?

Edited by: aditi33 on Dec 7, 2009 4:13 PM

0 Kudos

EA-RETAIL is the technical name of the Software Component for Retail. SAP_APPL is the main component for ERP system.

IS-RETAIL is the SAP Product Name for Retail Solution. You can find notes, in this area, by giving application component as IS-R*

Also, new functionalities of ECC would be available, however, they may or may not be enhanced to work for Retail Specific Processes/ transactions.

Neetu

Edited by: Neetu Singla on Feb 8, 2010 11:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I can't find the document : 'SAP IS Retail Switch on manufacturing system'. which you said was uploaded by Markus and it was supposed to be right on top, but for some reason I can't find it... could you please help me in finding that document?.

Thanks very much,

Jenny

0 Kudos

Hi Neetu

Can I say that if the system status has the component name EA-RETAIL, then IS-RETAIL is installed in that system ??

I mean to say both are same !!

Please clarify ....

Regards

Maruthi Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi,

I am looking for the response of this question:

Can I say that If the system status has the component name EA-RETAIL then IS-RETAIL is installed in that system ??

I mean to say both are same !!

Please clarify ....

Did you get the answer for that question??

thank you for your feedback.

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find this in Txn. SHW5... Here u can find what system you are using IS-RET... Retail System, under "enterprice Addons" tab you can find EA-RET- if it is on then Complete retail menu will be activated in W10T.

IF ISR-RETAILSYSTEM is activated then only you can find the EA-RET... and also you can activate only one IS in a System.

Go to System ---> Status ---> under "SAP system DATA" click on icon "Component Information"

For Ex, if you have SAP_APPL 603 Then it means ...Component release 600 with EHP3

Regards

GK.

Edited by: Gnana Kumar on Nov 9, 2010 8:51 AM