cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed periodicities in a forecast are not allowed In Demand Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am running forecast in background by defining activity and job in transaction /sapapo/mc8t and /sapapo/mc8d .

I am scheduling the job in transaction in /sapapo/mc8g.

Before scheduling the job i checked the job in transaction /sapapo/mc8i and this check is fine.

When I am running the job in background i am getting the following error message:

"Mixed periodicities in a forecast are not allowed".

This error I am getting in the spool of job in SM37 transaction.

I ran a copy key figure macro in the same planning book with the same view and it is having no problem.

In my planning book i am having only one dataview and with that dataview only i am scheduling the job.

The strange thing is that the forecast is running smoothly in interactive mode in same planning book,same data view with same forecast profile.

Did anybody face the same problem in the past?

I am using SAP SCM 7.0 version.

Thanks In Advance,

Mukesh Pandey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mukesh,

If you run your forecast in batch you can only use one periodicity and not mixed periodicities. Per design it is not allowed to use different periodicities for forecast in mass processing. For further details please read the note No. 357789.

It is possible to run the forecast in the foreground with mixed periodicities.This restriction applies only in the background.This is

also mentioned in the note.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tibor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tibor,

Thanks for the reply.

But as per the note i am using the same fiscal year variant in the planning book (Planning Bucket Profile) as well as in the forecast profile.Also i have deleted the data view from the planning book which was not having the same periodicity as the Forecast profile.

Still i am getting the same error.

I am working on SCM 7.0 which is recently released.

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, did you find a solution to this, as I am getting exactly the same problem?

Thanks

Isla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I contacted SAP on the same and they suggested me exactly what was the problem.

I will try to explain the problem with an example here as that would be easy.

Say, My storage bucket profile is a custom week.

suppose i am doing forecast at custom week level.

my time bucket profile in the planning book is "2 years in months".

So here in the background job we are expecting from the system to first divide years in months and than months to custom weeks. Here we are referring to mixed pereodicities.

So the rule is your time bucket profile and the bucket of forecasting should be directly in proportion of storage bucket profile.

it should not be

Year-->month--

>week

it should be

Year--

>week or year
>month or month
--

>week.

I hope i am clear.

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey