Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Installation

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have downloaded the latest Abap trial version(SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SR1 SP3 ABAP Trial Version

) from the sdn site(Link Below).

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads;jsessionid=(J2EE3417600)ID0310956450DB11549542238197911295E...

I want to install it on a Vista Home premium edition laptop system & have some questions regarding the installation.

[1]

In the above SDN link,in system requirements it says that I need a "JRE 1.4.2.x" for Installation

In my system the Java Jre version 1.6.0_05 is installed.Do I have to get the other java version also installed in my system.

If I need to install the "JRE 1.4.2.x".Do 2 jre versions coexist in the system.

[2]

Hostname must not exceed 13 characters.What does this mean?.What change should I make on my laptop.

[3]

It also says the following.

>>If no DHCP server is available on your network (which dynamically determines the IP address) or your computer is not connected to any network, you need to install the virtual >>interface adapter MS Loopback Adapter. The procedure to install a loopback adapter is documented within the download package.

As I said before,Iam making this installation on a home laptop.I connect to the internet using my modem.

Is my laptop having the "DHCP server".Do I need to install the MS Loopback Adapter?

[4]

Some say I need to install it in Microsoft Virtual computer.I dont want to go through the grind of doing this.Your thoughts.

[5]

Any tips on installation so that I dont have any problems during installation.Is there any user Guide available for the installation.

Waiting for your comments

Thanks

P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

In the above SDN link,in system requirements it says that I need a "JRE 1.4.2.x" for Installation

In my system the Java Jre version 1.6.0_05 is installed.Do I have to get the other java version also installed in my system.

If I need to install the "JRE 1.4.2.x".Do 2 jre versions coexist in the system.

You will need JRE 1.4.2.x

Hostname must not exceed 13 characters.What does this mean?.What change should I make on my laptop.

Start command line (win key + r), enter "cmd" and type "hostname". This name must not exceed 13 characters.

As I said before,Iam making this installation on a home laptop.I connect to the internet using my modem.

Is my laptop having the "DHCP server".Do I need to install the MS Loopback Adapter?

I think you will need that Adapter.

Some say I need to install it in Microsoft Virtual computer.I dont want to go through the grind of doing this.Your thoughts.

Vista is not recommended I would prefer Windows server 2003.

Any tips on installation so that I dont have any problems during installation.Is there any user Guide available for the installation.

Check this forum and threads. It will give you some ideas. Especially sticky ones.

Answers (0)