Did you mean: 

difference betwen loading a repository and connecting to a repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the MDM console i see 2 options.

1) Load Reposiotry

2) Connect repository.

I mount the mdm server. then i mount the mdm reposiotry and connect to it.

After connecting i am able to log into the data import manager and data manager and choose the repositury.

Why is loading the repository required?

Thanks,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

MDM repository is generally accessed by multiple data managers/data stewards for data management using MDM Clients(Datamanager,ImportManager,Syndicator).

However,administrators perform repository administration/maintainence (in console). While repository undergoes modifications, it is disconnected from users. This disconnection is performed by 'Unloading' the repository.

Further,after the required changes are done, repository is loaded back for usage.And,this will be achieved using repository 'Load' .

Regards,

Vinay M.S

Greg_Austin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Connecting to a repository is strictly a security thing. It shows you are an authorized user of the repository and lets console know who you are so it can limit functionality based on your security role. Loading a repository gets it started and ready for use by the other MDM tools. A repository needs to be unloaded to change or add fields.

-Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vingnesh,

Loading the repository is required to login to all MDM clients such as Data Manager ,Import Manager and Syndicator.

Suppose if repository is unloaded position, then it is required to load the repository to login to MDM clients.

I think in your case, repository was not in unloaded position, so you do not have to load the repository as it was already loaded.

Suppose if you stop and start the server, then loading of the repository is required.

Thanks,

Narendra