cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input needed for writing data back into BW/ECC data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please let me know an example or process you have used for writing data back into BW (DSO/Cubes) or ECC systems.

We do not have integrated planning in our current system configuration currently.

So, any sample code for using any of the BAPI/RFC for writing data would be appreciated.

Also, I am trying to find out if there is any way to schedule the models developed in VC 7.1 in background to automate certain type of data processing which goes across multiple systems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone please help me out on this one....

I am aware of few BAPI's such as RSDRI_ODSO_INSERT_RFC but I am not aware of what action has to be used to transfer the data from the table within VC to this BAPI and how to define the parameters as the one's available for the BAPI I mentioned do not fit into the data I have in the table within VC.

The following are the columns I have in the table within VC,

1. GL Account

2. Credit Amount

3. Debit Amount

4. Sales Amount

I have defined the DSO with the same where G/L Account is the keyfield and the rest being data fields.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dharma,

Coulld you describe the inputs of the mentioned BAPI (RSDRI_ODSO_INSERT_RFC)?

When you test the mentioned BAPI (in VC or in your BW/ECC system), what values (and in what format) do you insert for the operation you want to perform?

You can map the values from the VC table to the input of the BAPI, but for that you should know the format the BAPI requires.

If you need help on how to use that specific BAPI, you should probably consult one of the BI forums, as they are more likely to be able to help with that. However, if you know what input the BAPI expects (the structures, tables and fields) then we can help you with the mapping.

Best regards,

Tal.