cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using UDFs from gloabl library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have used in my mapping some UDFs which I have referred from the local namespace (like local UDF Library) , now I want to use the same UDF from a Global Namespace . And suppose this UDF is used more than once in my target message fields in different context, so in that case shall I need to change all of this mapping where the local.UDF is used to Global.UDF manually? is there any short way to change this quickly?

for e.g---

Source field- Name

Target Filed- Detail name

UDF- check

Name--

> Local.check--

> Detail name

now this needs to be changed as Global.check for the target filed.

P.S I am concern with changing the UDF location, in both of the location (Local and Global ) same UDFs are written.

Thanks

Sugata B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to change the UDFs in all mapping if you copy the UDFs int Global Name Space.

if you are using PI7.1 we have a chnace to create function liabrary,where we can use UDFs in across name spaces,but in your case you have to chnage it manually.

Rgards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to change it manually at each of the places it were used...

As an alternative, you can export the mapping file to .mte & change it the references appropraitely & re-import the mapping file...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3414700)ID1882863550DB10579689604655727888End...

If it is only at 5-6 places, i will do it manually. But for more than 7 i will export inot .mte & then import it..

Regards,

Siva Maranani