BPM FLOW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have following confusinon in BPM.

When i design for eg in BPM like the following: async

RECIEVE----->SEND

I like to understand the flow here.My Undersanding is-

When message comes from source (file) flow is ( Source-->File adapter--->Pipeline(Inbound processing and recv identification) Here now Our reciever is BPM so this source message will be send to BPE engine from Integration Engine.

How Intergration Engine is communicating with BPE engine.

case2 :

RECIEVE--->TRANSFORM---->SEND.

How the mapping program is getting execute in BPM.Since mapping will be done in Pipeline Step.

Kindly guide how this flow will be...... I designed BPM for above cases and working fine but i am confused with flow logic.

Renu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How the mapping program is getting execute in BPM.

The mapping program does not get executed in BPM/ BPE....only a reference to the mapping is made in the Transformation step

Whenever there is a Transformation Step present in BPM, a call is made to the Integration Engine to execute the mapping....and then the result is brought back into the BPM.

So for Mapping BPE <--> IE

Hence for the above reason it is said that we should avoid using Mappings inside a BPM as it cuts down the processing time (resources) of calling the IE.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renu,

as you know Integration engine and BPE Engine part of ABAP Stack,BPE engine tightly conected with IE.so its very easy to trasfer data to BPE from IE,it does not reuired XI Adapter.But in case of AE and IE communication PI Uses XI Adapter.

When you define Integration Process it stores in BPE Engine,when you define Receive step in BPM,we define Receiver Determination to IE to BPM,in this step IE will send message to BPM.

case 2: Normally mapping program will execute in Trasformation step,When you cal transformation step it executes in BPE Engine,if you mention operation/Interface mapping in Trasformation step,other wise we can execute operation mapping in Interface determination it self,no need to mention Operation mapping in Traformation step.

but always best idea and good practice to execute operation/interface mapping in INterface Determination .

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raja,

How Integration Engine calls BPE engine what is the communication layer I.E--->BPE.

I Understand that the graphical mapping is being executed in Java engine and send the target msg either to BPE or IE by JCORFC call.

Kindly guide me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

B'cos Intergration Engine & BPE engine both reside on ABAP stack, it will be an internal call b/n these two engines. So during RxDet step, if the Receiver is BPM, it will be sent to BPM Engine.

(Graphical) Mapping's dosen't get executed as a pipeline step. It gets executed on the JavaEngine.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3414700)ID1882863550DB10579689604655727888End...

Regards,

Siva Maranani