cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks,

I'm trying to access a website which is protected by Basic Authentication. I've written a little Iview which sets the User and Password in the HTTP Header and connects to the website which requires Authentication.

This goes all right no problem because the first connection is made by the Iview.

But when I click any Link on the Website the Login POP Up Box reappears, that's ok because the click is issued by the Internet Explorer and the Internet Explorer hasn't the header Parameters.

So my question:

How can I get around this. Is there a way to set the Header Parameters of the Internet Explorer by the Iview ?

Any ideas ?

Hope it's clear what I mean. ,-)

Greetz Francesco

Message was edited by: Francesco Iannazzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

did you try to use "application integrator" component?

Using this one you'll be able to create a new iview which authenticate portal user to target site using url authentication and basic authentication as well.

You can find some docs searching for "application integrator" in SDN anyway following a link, which include the how to use guide and the par to deploy in order to use it:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/the application integrator in ep 6.0

hope this can help

Cheers

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a how to guide doing basic authentication ? The guide in the link includes only URL Authentcation if I'm not wrong. Or can someone describe what to do for basic Authentication using the Application Integrator. Sorry but I'm a complete noop to this.

Greetz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

you can find some info in page 8:

For basic authentication, it has to be set in the following way: <MappedUser>:<MappedPassword>@

The URLTemplate would then look like this: http://<Authentication>protectedserver.com/xyz

hope this help

Ciao

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means , that I`ve to set the URL Template to the following:

URL Template:

<System.protocol>://<Authentication><System.server><System.uri>

And what I have to enter in the URL template fraction for user mapping ? Must i enter there the <MappedUser>:<MappedPassword>@ ?

In the Authentizifierungsschema -Properties of the Iview must be set to basic authentication am I right ?

Lot of questions.

Greetz and thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen that under Authenthifizierungsschema Header Authorization is provided too. this is the Authenticationscheme I need. How I must set up this so that the Uer and passwort are passed to the Iview Base 64 encoded into the header ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right, the URL template should be:

<System.protocol>://<Authentication><System.server><System.uri>

usermapping fraction: <MappedUser>:<MappedPassword>@

but in my opinion you have to leave iview authentication schema parameter as you need, since you have to perform basic authentication versus an external site, and that param describe what kind of authentication level that iview need, in order to show its content (in your case the external site).

Hope this clarify

Ciao

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I've setup all, but I'm getting an Sysntax error when the Iview trys to load the site.

So my question.

What I must edit anywhere to pass the Usermapping user and password to the Request Header of the Iview ?? I know that the site is loaded well when the Request Header is set to Request("Authorization, Base64encoded user:PW");

in the howto there are options described to use Base 64 encoding , but where I have to set it in the IView Property Screen do you know what I mean ?

What must I set up for header authentication ? That's what I need. The login by MappedUser:paswwort@ doesn't work any longer since a microsoft security patch I've read.

Please help.

Thanks for your patience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

I've never do that, but I think you have to use tag modifiers in order to set Base64 encoding. Into how to guide you can read:

Modifiers are applied to the substitute of a processed tag expression in the order they appear, example: This is a template with <modified.tag[url_ENCODE UPPERCASE]>

so I guess that if you want to encode user authentication info you have to write:

<Authentication [BASE64]>

but as I told you i've never do that, just try.

I'm sorry if I cannot give you more info

ciao

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Roberto but thanks for the help. You have helped me to organize my thoughts a little bit to this scenario. Thanks a lot

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Before moving forward with Basic Authentication you should be aware that MS is simply dropping this feature from IE as described in this note : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834489

I believe soon or later you will be facing this problem.

Next question is : When will SAP application integrator support Digest authentication or other authentication scheme ?