Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Searching "Service Registry" from VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using NW 7.1

I sucessfully deployed a Webservice to NW and registered it in the "Services Registry". Now I want to use the webservice in my Composite Application. In VC When going to "Search" and choosing Service Registry (Before I used the Service Registry on the same system) and I even search for everything (using an asterisk * ) I will encounter an error at once:

0001> Ready

0002> [E] Error in Search: Unknown error has occurred in service execution

I think by "service" the "service registry" itself is meant as I didn't choose any service yet.

Do you know any solution for this? I didn't find the error in google.

regards

Daniel

Edited by: Daniel Gerne on Dec 5, 2009 10:39 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

I spoke to Hezi and he said that the problem was resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it is not resolved. The only thing I know is that it was no user-error and the error must be at SR in 710.

We still did not manage to get a 7.11 Installation as the download-links I got via my oss-message do lead to 7.10SP5 as well. From our point of view this is the latest version to download. Currently we are applying for the ramp up programm and hope getting a 7.20 installation from that.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You are very welcome.

Please look at my business card and contact me directly.

Regards,

Hezi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

quick update on my problem:

The Problem lies in the service registry as I cannot publish the service definition and assign a physical system to it. VC only can see Services published like that.

I created a oss-message a wait for a reply now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

In order to see a service from a physical system you should create destination to this physical system in NWA.

Did you bind between the service to a specific physical system during the publication process?

In order to verify that you can also open your services registry, search for your service and see whether the 'System Details' tab is full with details (Name, Host, SLD System ID etc.)

If yes, youshould define a destination of the physical system in NWA and it should work, otherwise it might be a bug.

If there are no details under the 'System Details' tab you should assign physical system to the service definition.

I have a document that explains how to do that. You can contact me directly and I'll send it back to you.

Regarding to your previous question, we highly recommend to upgrade to NW 7.11 and its latest service pack. We have made many improvements in all areas of VC, the support for service registry is improved, and its setup is greatly improved. NW 7.11 is the officially released version of CE and there are many improvements in other areas as well because this is the latest version its support is better and it is easier to supply fixes and patches.

Thanks and Regards,

Hezi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hezi,

first of all thank you for your detailed answer.

There are no values in the "System Details"-Tab of the Webservice in SR. But in the Tab "Endpoint" I may test the Webservice perfectly. The Webservices host is the ServiceRegistriy's host as well (NetWeaver Plattform).

Where can I find this document of yours?

Thank you.

regards

Daniel

Edited by: Daniel Gerne on Dec 13, 2009 1:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You may use the following URL for Services Registry configuration:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/e058a805-68b2-2b10-6a8b-fc570f1c37d1&override....

Please restart your J2EE server afterwards, before using the search again.

Thanks and Regards,

Hezi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunately it doesn't either. I followed the pdf until the chapter saying (EHP1 only). I therefore have a new destination where I won't get an error message but no webservice is found neither.

Is EHC1 by any chance the same as sp05?

regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

today I added a publication restriction in NWA and checked the box saying "all definitions are publication relevant". Then I republished the wsdl in SR but no success yet.

The Service can't be found in Visual Composer. Despite I am sure they are available on SR as I may test them for function.

Any advice is appreciated.

regards

Daniel

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You might be able to find more information about the error in the log files (go to http://<server>:<port>/nwa -> Problem Management -> Logs and Traces -> Log Viewer).

In any case, if you can't find out why the problem occurs you might want to open an OSS message about it so that it will be possible to investigate it further.

Best regards,

Tal.