cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing status in Delivery show being processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am confuring Order / Delivery / Billing. I want to process only proforma billing and not commercial billing.

Hence, I find that after billing the delivery using billing type F8 , the status of the delivery remains 'Being processed 'instead of

'Complete'

In the copy control from delivery to billing I have just mapped only one billing type f8.

The sales order item category is maintained as ' D' in Billing relevance.

In the copy control from Delivery to billing I have maintained 'D' - Delivery quantity.

Any solution for this scenerio where the delivery status shall be 'Complete' after proforma invoice creation.

Regards,

Casimer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not possible in standard SAP.

Beside this, it is not logical also as Proforma Invoice is just a dummy invoice. There is no posting takes place to accounting for a Proforma Invoice and no updation happens in the status of the reference document. So you can create as many Proforma Invoices as you want with reference to Sales order or Delivery document.

When you create a Proforma Invoice with reference to Delivery then Billing type F8 is created.

If you will go to the copy control (VTFL) for LF -- F8, at Item level you will find a field "Positive/Negative quantity", which is a blank & disable/grey out field.

SAP has made it like this (for the pair LF --F8), so that by mistake also you should not be able to put any value in this field. Actually, this field helps in updation of the status of the Reference document about the reference quantity.

But, I have already mentioned that it is not logical to update the status of the reference document when Proforma Invoice is created.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Biling document category will control, whether any billing docuement will be treated as "Proforma Invoice", and as when billing category will be as 'U-Proforma Invoice" system will not changed the sales order status, and order status will remain un changed.

You can use use exit under routine 'SAPMVFZZ' to change the sales order status with billing docuement,

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK - for sales order header status change.

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP - for sales order item status change.

or

Further if you want to create the material movement for a customer you may create an outbound delivery docuemnt without order refernce using t.code vl01no, with delivery type 'LO". But note in this case there would be no AR entry posted against customer.

regards

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

it is standard behavior that you can do as many F8 pro forma billings as you wish, and the billing status of the transaction will remain "being processed". this is correct... also, there are no postings to accounting when doing pro forma billing.

the only time the status of delivery will change to "completed" is when you do invoicing using F2.

regards.